Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

T - 11:45 and counting

Old 10-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T - 11:45 and counting

There's an oak tree on the neighbors land that has a lickin' stick the bucks have been frequenting. That's where I'll be this evening. Hope they come in early enough for tracking w/o search lights!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Hunt one was no good, hoping this evening's hunt will fair better
You can try selling that one to the guys that are working today, but I'm not buying.

Good luck this evening.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jackflap

You can try selling that one to the guys that are working today, but I'm not buying.

Good luck this evening.

I enjoy hunting, but would be able to do it more relaxed if I had a job! And did not have to worry about whether or not there was enough money in the bank to pay all the bills.[:@]
Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck this evening.

Sorry Mark .... I'm gonna give Mike a big fat AMEN on this one!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Good luck this evening.

PT, you're a child of God, right?

Children are to be seen, not heard!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Good luck this evening.

Could you repeat that Mark ..... your dentures fell out after, "... you're a"
Old 10-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not to change the subject or anything, but my neighbor who has 100 acres SE of my property came by and asked me when I was gonna get my *** down into his woods and kill some ****ing deer? I told him I had not had time to recon his property yet and probably wouldn't be down there this year. His response had to do with bovine fecal matter. He told me to get in his truck and then he drove me down to an area of his timber next to a cornfield and where two streams come together. He showed me all the tracks crossing both streams and said if you can't shoot a big buck down here, you ain't worth a ****! He's a crotchety old fart (older than me too!) and he uses part of his property to train coyote dogs. There are so many deer in the area that some of his dogs won't track coyotes if there is a deer outside the fence. They'll just stand there and bark at the deer, who are not afraid of them since they are on the other side of an 8' tall fence. So this evening I'll be sitting down there where the two creeks come together in a ground blind. I saw signs of A LOT of big deer crossing both streams into this section of land. I'll let y'all know later how it goes.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to change the subject or anything, but my neighbor who has 100 acres SE of my property came by and asked me when I was gonna get my *** down into his woods and kill some ****ing deer? I told him I had not had time to recon his property yet and probably wouldn't be down there this year. His response had to do with bovine fecal matter. He told me to get in his truck and then he drove me down to an area of his timber next to a cornfield and where two streams come together. He showed me all the tracks crossing both streams and said if you can't shoot a big buck down here, you ain't worth a ****! He's a crotchety old fart (older than me too!) and he uses part of his property to train coyote dogs. There are so many deer in the area that some of his dogs won't track coyotes if there is a deer outside the fence. They'll just stand there and bark at the deer, who are not afraid of them since they are on the other side of an 8' tall fence. So this evening I'll be sitting down there where the two creeks come together in a ground blind. I saw signs of A LOT of big deer crossing both streams into this section of land. I'll let y'all know later how it goes.
Bovine fecal matter?!?!?!?!?!!?! That is CLASSIC!!!!I gotta remember that one!!!

On a more serious note... go shoot a monster
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck this evening.

Could you repeat that Mark ..... your dentures fell out after, "... you're a"
I've gotta say that right there was a GREAT comeback, PT! I didn't know you had it in you.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw two bucks, a bunch of does and 1,435,659 mosquitos this evening. I got down to a spot where there were 3 trails crossing the creek with the majority of hoof prints pointing to my side. Set up the ground blind and was in place by 4:10 PM. At about 4:45, the young'uns started East towards the field along the top of the hill. Ten minutes later the does started along the same trail. @ 5:30, two bucks made their way about half way up the hill. The wind was really whipping up out of the North, but in the valley bottom it was really still. After that, the skeeters came in wave after wave. I started to feel like I was at Pearl Harbor and this was December 7th, 1941. I didn't see another deer. After dark, I made my way along the fenceline back to the ATV and came home.[&o]

Quick Reply: T - 11:45 and counting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.