Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

As a bow hunter, we've all had made some embarrassing shots or made stupid decisions while in the woods...me probably more than most. I've missed out on probably3-4 P&Y's in the last 6 years. Making dumb decisions or screwing up under pressure is well known to my hunting buddies. I'm hoping that's changing...Saturday night I had a small buck at 15 yards that knew something wasn't right and was really skiddish looking directly my way but he never actually saw me as far as I know...I was still as can be, and hiding behind my tree. I stopped watching him after he circled, but was keeping an eye just to the west ofhim. Sure enough just around the side of my tree I watched a buck walk right in (as far as I could tell, he may have been a shooter '120 in. or up'). But with the other deer in the area I stayed frozen while I heard him walk within' 20 yards but by the time I was able to try and swing around tolocate himfor a shot (this took maybe a minute) he was gone and the little buck was back to eating crabapples. I wasmad I didn't get a better look but I also didn't jepordizeseeinghim again by being patient. He'll be back...I hope.

What's your worst moment?
Old 09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

Having some other hunters walk up on you while you got your pants down doing number two.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Haha sucks to be them!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StealthHtr22

Haha sucks to be them!
Wasn't all that good for me either .
Old 09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Shooting a deer and looking for it for 2 hours but could not find it. I walked around and around and back again.I was sure I hit it,and could only find blood where he was standing when hit.Finally got a couple other out there to help. We were standing on the spot where I shot him as I said "he was standing right here when I shot him!" , to wich one of the guys took about 5 steps and said "well he's laying right there." 10 yds from where I hit him.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

last year I was sitting in my stand had seen some good bucks nothing to get super stoked about, I always have my cell phone with me, and I always turn the ringger off and put it on vibrate, as I am sitting there this nice 8 pointer walks under the acorn tree and starts munching, he gets to within 12 yrds broadside, I come to full draw and the song I stand Alone by God Smack starts blaring from my cell phone, needless to say that buck diddn't like hard rock. Hopefully he's a 10 pointer this year.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

well i climbed up a tree w/ out tying my bottom to the top. After i got up the tree i realized i had forgoten to tie on my bow to my pull up rope. As i was gettin ready go climb down and get it the bottom fell out.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother, cousin and I were sitting around the camp one day and were kind of glassing the woods and fields surrounding our camp. Well, cousin picks up his binoculars and goes to use them but he uses them completely backwards. He then comments saying how much closer it seems to bring everything. Brother and I sort of sit there in astonishment hoping to God that he is joking, but he goes on glassing and never cracks a smile or a smirk, he just uses binoculars completely backwards! Granted it wasn't me doing the deed, but I sure was embarrassed to be in the same hunting camp as this guy...even more embarrassed to be related to him!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM

I went to some new land with my buddy and i was climbing the tree and when i got to the top a nice 8 pts comes out , and it's 35 yards away and my bow was on the ground , so i said f it and pulled the bow up right in front of him, and he just kept walking away ,

also another time i hunt the edge of a feild and about 20 mins befor dark i start walking back to my truck because you can catch deer in the feild or the front pines
and i started walking back with no arrow ready and i stop dead with a big doe 12 yards in front of me stearing at me , i said f it i pulled out a arrow and pulled back the bow she was still there and i shot right over her back. un real,

Quick Reply: Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.