Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Your most embarrassing/stupidest moment.

I never told mine...when I was a young hunter, like 14-15, I started to draw on a doe when she looked right at me. Instead of holding I let down too quick, the arrow arched about 2 yards and stuck straight up in the ground...the doe watched it plummit from 18 feet to the ground,well short of herbefore laughing and running off. That night I climbed down after shooting 4 arrows. Losing three.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought I left my climbing band in the car, walked a mile BACK from my spot to my car .....I somehow left the climbing band at home, so I walked the mile back to my stand ...sweating like a dog crappin' bones ..it's light out now ..lost all confidence ...

I hung the stand like 3 feet of the ground jsut to have somewhere to sit ..... shot a squirrel, taking a layer of skin off its back ... I get down to go after the squirrel ....as I am looking for it, I turn around to see a 120"+ buck walking 10 yards broadside to my tree stand [:@] nothing I could do as there was too much ground coverto take a shot....what an idiot [X(]
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Tonight. IT WAS TONIGHT!!!!!!
You had to ask didn't you. Well go to heck. I don't want to talk about it. LOL

Well, OK, since you ask so nice. I was given the mission of collecting some venison to take to salmon camp near the end of October. I of course said sure, no problem. So I go in this new hunting club and have been doing some quick scouting and picking some trees for my climber. I figured I had a good place. Got in my tree at 2:30 and settled in my climber. Just as predicted, at 5:30 this doe, all by herself, comes strolling down the trail. I'm really saying to myself, God it's nice when a plan works. No fawns, nice sized deer... just what the fish camp ordered. So I pass shots at 30, 25 and wait while she changes directions 3 or 4 times. I'd seen her coming through the brush at about 75 yards. She walks into a small lane, but very clear at 18 yards. I've made this shot probably 50 times on deer. I haven't missed a shot like this in 25 years. She eases her near leg forward and my arrow was a way. I hear whack whack. The deer bounds about 15 yards and looks back. She high steps around in a half circle. Working her nose and outstretched neck to try to detect something amuck. I'm standing there, load another arrow when she's distracted but no shot. I look down, there 18 yards away is my crooked arrow stuck in a tree. I shot right under her. How did you do that STUPID???? That's impossible. No one can miss that shot. Back to the doe, she starts coming back for another look but angles off into some pines. OH look, a hole. I draw, settle and tell myself, sure you can get an arrow through there, it's only 25 yards. About half way to the deer the arrow glances off a little pine limb, and another and another and the last I saw of the arrow it was heading out towards where I parked my truck. The doe bolts again and is now on the other side of me at 30 yards in the brush. I nock another arrow. She sniffs and rubber necks for about 5 minutes it seems like. Then she starts to walk towards an opening. I draw and she heads for the next county. I mean really, I'm an expert at this crap. Just ask me, I'll tell you. I know how to kill a deer. Surely it has to be an equipment malfunction. NO ONE can miss an 18 yard slam dunk. NO ONE. It has to be a faulty Bowtech.[&:][&:][&:] Tell me I'm right. No one is that bad all by themselves.

OH, don't get to cute with yourself. I said, I don't want to have to track this deer. I'm going to hit her in the heart so aimed down low, and shot lower.[&:] OH, the WHACK WHACK was the arrow hitting the tree and then snapping. It was still held together but very busted.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

original:davidmil
OH look, a hole.
I'll be glad to look at whatever it is you want me to look at, but you'll have to be a little more specific.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one that comes to mind is the time I drove 60mi. to my hunting spot and found out I forgot my jacket. I usually have it in the truck because I don't like driving with a jacket on. Boy was that a cold evening sit.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM

umm....how about 7 days ago here http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...=&#3053711