Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you could...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not counting the ones I have hunted with......or am scheduled to hunt with......

I'd say Duke and Gri22.....and Buckeye would be on my list, as well. I'd learn a lot from them. The key here is, though....I'd want them to hunt HERE.....instead of me hunting their spots. THAT would be the best thing that could happen.....for me to learn.
That may be possible Jeff, can I get tags over the counter? How much?
I have big fish to fry here, I'll have to see what happens.

Lets do it Droptine, I'm just a PM away.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not counting the ones I have hunted with......or am scheduled to hunt with......

I'd say Duke and Gri22.....and Buckeye would be on my list, as well. I'd learn a lot from them. The key here is, though....I'd want them to hunt HERE.....instead of me hunting their spots. THAT would be the best thing that could happen.....for me to learn.
Same deal for me, whoever it might be, I would want them to come and enjoy my camp. I love to get others perspective of what I am doing right and what I could do to improve. I haven't got to hunt with Rob yet, but that is just a week away today I assume. I would like to get together with Rick James, he just strikes me as (in a manly way as possible) "my type of guy." I will also be fortunate to trek down to York, PA and hunt with twildasin, looking forward to that trip.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 AM

I'd rather share a camp with most of the folks here more than I'd like to hunt with them, but I'm more of a solitary hunter.

There are several I wouldn't mind, and do plan on hunting with at some point;

MN/Kyle
TEmbry
Bols
Quiksilver
Shed33
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hunsucker, just because it would be amazing to be in the presence of a hunting deity.

Seriously, there are way too many guys on here to list that I'd like to hunt with. Most of them know who they are anyway so no point in listing them and I'm sure some will happen at some point in time.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think Sutton would befun to hunt with.
It would be a huge step to get some of these young guys on the same page.There is a lot of info out there ,but first hand experience would shorten the learning curve a bunch.And nothing breeds confidence like success.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Is it just me or are we a pretty selfish bunch?
Every one wants to hunt with the most successful here, yet few think the experience of helping a newbie score would rate up their with their own achievements.

Seems like a little hero worship going on here.

Maybe a few will get my point and take that seemingly hopeless kid from the local bow shop under their wings and put him on that first one.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Every one wants to hunt with the most successful here, yet few think the experience of helping a newbie score would rate up their with their own achievements.

Maybe a few will get my point and take that seemingly hopeless kid from the local bow shop under their wings and put him on that first one.
X2 100%....it would be awesome to watch a newbie slam his 1st EVER deer than it would be watching someone score his 5th P&Y... IMO.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I chose who I did, because I would LEARN a ton.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I chose who I did, because I would LEARN a ton.
Sharing can be a real "learning" experiance.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

X2 100%....it would be awesome to watch a newbie slam his 1st EVER deer than it would be watching someone score his 5th P&Y... IMO.
That's what I just did this weekend!! Talk about a rewarding experience!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.