Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

agrivating morning.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:46 AM

Default agrivating morning.

Ok i got up early and was in the woods at 6:20. No stand was ground hunting. about 7:15 got up to streach my legs. hear a dear snort from behind me. turn around and a doe is 15 yards behind me. She runs a few yards away. I make a few grunts and a few snorts she comes back within 30 yards. I draw and release when she is broadside. Arrrrggggg. A Miss. To top it off she runs a few yards away and looks at me. she starts studdersteping back to me.( I think she is laughing at me) Finaly she just takes off. I go get my arrow There is hair on the mechanical. I grazed her looks like. Follew her for a while to make sure. she never layed down and was grazing. There was no way i should have missed that shot so i shoot a few arrows at the end of the hunt to check my site. Arrrrrrggggg they are way off a foot high and a foot left. Must have banged site but dont remember doing it. Opening day was just not for me.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: agrivating morning.

I feel your pain. I just got back home from my opening day morning hunt and it was bad as well. I crept in so silently only to get settled into my treestand and drop my quiver to the ground. Then that was followed by the sound of multiple deer being spooked and crashing through the woods. Didn't see a damn thing until walking back to my truck when i jumped two does that were bedded in an area that i would have never guessed. Looks like i placed my woods on high alert on the first day out.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:24 PM

Default RE: agrivating morning.

ya im gonna give it a try again in the morning hopefully it will be a better day