Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit a doe

Old 09-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default I hit a doe

to day me and my dadwent out late around 5:45.we were hoping to get an hour or two in the stand since it gets dark at 7:45. I was on my way to my tree and i spooked a doe. she ran up the hill. My dad was hunting way down about a mile to my right. I figured i would try to get in front of her. This way i could either get a shot or i would push her toward my dad and he might see her. I went up top the hill where there is a field and she was standing there. I looked at her stoped and she ran. I followed her and got to about 50 60 yards away. She stood there I pulled back and let an arrow fly. I see it go but i heard a smack i had to shoot through some brush so i thought i had missed. I waited and then went to look for my arrow. I found no arrow but i did find some blood. I followed the blood trail for about 40 50 yards then it got to dark and i was just about in someone yard so i decided to wait until tomorrow since it will be cold tonight No sleep for me tonight.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I hit a doe

Just for your sake, how old are you?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 PM

I followed her and got to about 50 60 yards away. She stood there I pulled back and let an arrow fly. I see it go but i heard a smack i had to shoot through some brush so i thought i had missed.
I'm not going to ream you like some will but why did you attempt this shot? Didn't you feel uneasy about the shot before coming to full draw? Also, where are you located?

Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck!

Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

and yall thought my thread was gonna need popcorn
Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow....I could never do that, I hope all ends well.....
Old 09-25-2008, 07:45 PM

I'm new but I'm pretty sure this isn't going to end well for you. by the way it sounds like you shot at something you couldn't see, thats pretty dangerous.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

i'm 18 also its the beginning of the season im a little trigger happy and my days are really limitedfor hunting.thats why i made the shot. Do i regret it yes in many ways but it still gets my heart going and thats why i hunt. Also i hunt in pressured PA
Old 09-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

...good luck, hope it works out.

What did the blood look like?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sutton

i'm 18 also its the beginning of the season im a little trigger happy and my days are really limitedfor hunting.thats why i made the shot. Do i regret it yes in many ways but it still gets my heart going and thats why i hunt. Also i hunt in pressured PA
I hope that trigger happiness wears off if not start waterfowling to help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.