Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I hit a doe

Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I hit a doe

Unless you're kidding....I can only think of a couple things that would make this worse.......

You know.....like you dropped your joint down your shirt......or yourbow arm sleevegot caught up on your track mark scabs or something.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, really?

The arrow can't be taken back. There is a deer with an arrow in her or through her

Bad shot selection, no doubt. But I'm pretty sure if you shoot at a deer you can't take it back in mid air. It's done.

So why don't we help point out HOW to go about it, instead of bringing up his INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE shot selection.

Just sayin'

Any reason you aren't out there right now, sutton?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Guys, really?

The arrow can't be taken back. There is a deer with an arrow in her or through her

Bad shot selection, no doubt. But I'm pretty sure if you shoot at a deer you can't take it back in mid air. It's done.

So why don't we help point out HOW to go about it, instead of bringing up his INCREDIBLY HORRIBLE shot selection.

Just sayin'

Excellent post Kyle, some folks sure are quick to rip on people instead of helping.

First step is go and look for your arrow, that will tell you a lot. I would get your dad and go have a look at the blood and see what that tells ya, an extra set of eyes is a big plus! Please keep us updated, good luck!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Guys, really?

Just sayin'

Yes, you're right. That arrow can't be taken back but this "constructive criticism" might prevent another situation such as this. It's almost one of those "its to bad to be true stories."
Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Excellent post Kyle, some folks sure are quick to rip on people instead of helping.
And you think condoning that type behavior is "helping"?

Have at it. I think it's ridiculous, personally. Like Finch....so much so it's almost GOT to be fiction. If it isn't.....then it's just sad.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Have at it. I think it's ridiculous, personally. Like Finch....so much so it's almost GOT to be fiction. If it isn't.....then it's just sad.
I agree with GMMAT. Constructive criticism can help! Especially with a shot that is so unethical it gives all hunters a bad name. Regardless of whether you don't have any deer in the freezer or don't have have many days to hunt, taking an unethical shot and risking wounding an animal is unacceptable.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Condoning?

I'm not condoning anything. What can be done, besides helping finding the doe with a hole in her.

It was a shot that shouldn't have been taken, but it was. Even the reasoning behind the shot was wrong!

Now the deer needs to be found. You've said it a thousand times, and I concur, the deer deserves better than that.
Nontypical Buck

There's no reason that is right for taking that kind of shot. Personally, I struggle with the reason for this post. IF it has a reason at all it is to give motivation to get back out there and find that deer. There already was a mistake made, that can't be undone. Don't make a second by not giving it everything you can to get that buck.
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

ORIGINAL: sutton

i'm 18 also its the beginning of the season im a little trigger happy and my days are really limitedfor hunting.thats why i made the shot. Do i regret it yes in many ways but it still gets my heart going and thats why i hunt. Also i hunt in pressured PA
I hope that trigger happiness wears off if not start waterfowling to help!

OHHHHH NO.... don't bring that mess over here... espeically because you live two states north of me... what you sky bust today in PA will light wide next week in VA [:@]

Pass the salt please...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Kyle....

Only one thing to be done, now.....and if he's here typing....he ain't doing it.

He don't need encouragement and "It'll be fine". He needs to go find that deer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.