Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kentucky morning hunt

Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Default kentucky morning hunt

well i got out way to early and was walking through the woods when i look up and see 8 pairs of eyes looking at me. it was pretty scary lol. they were probably coyotes. but it was pretty scary. then right at about shooting light two does come from behind me and go right under my stand. the first one walked past me and when i moved a little bit it jumped ran a little ways and stopped again only about 3 6 yards away. then the other walks up and both of them are just staring at me. for about 10 minutes they just looked at me and tried to smell whatever it was. they knew something was up there. but they went at about 10 yards and i pulled back on them. but i just couldnt shake the feeling that they were way to small. i am use to illinois does and they got some mass on them due to the crops. but they just seemed to be yearlings. no spots or anything like that. but i dont want to take a deer that field dresses' 50 lbs lol. well that is all.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: kentucky morning hunt

well sounds like a good hunt dont be fooled we have some very nice sizes doe in ky an as far as killing one that dress's out at 50lbs sure would be an easy drag