Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator camo experts needed.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Predator camo experts needed.

I was wondering what camo I should go with for early season in Ohio. I have fall grey and green deception. My problem is that I don't know if Green Deception is good for treestand hunting. There is not alot of open sky in the pattern. I bought the Green Deception for turkey and it works great for that. Fall grey is good for treestands but there isn't any green in the pattern. You can see my problem. Any help would be great.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Predator camo experts needed.

We just had this discussion here. You'll also find a link to another thread I wrote on the subject: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3039755&mpage=1&key=predator
Old 09-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use evolution (predator). It has a lot of light openness and greens/fall colors.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help guys. Greg, I followed your trail of links ,and found exactly the input for which I was looking. I could havedone a little research before I asked the question.Thanks again guys.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't worry, standsleeper.. our search engine isn't exactly known for being user-friendly. Just glad we could help.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the GD camo this time of year. I think it is the best out there for the early season. I have had deer look directly at me, in stand and on the ground and never think twice about me again, until an arrow went thru the vitals! After the leaves fall I use the Brown Deception, I have a few oak trees with the dead leaves still on them and love sitting in trees like this with the BD camo on!