Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G/F's First Hunt with pics

Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default G/F's First Hunt with pics

We were covered in deer all night, I moved a ladder stand and my climber into some oaks that I'd seen deer come out of. This would be her first hunt ever and with a bow. Some of you guys have shot with Stephanie and she's pretty lights out at 25 and in. We had a great hunt saw 14 deer all within 40 yards and had a stud come in at 10 yards. She stood and drew totally undetected, everything was running like clockwork and then she got buck fever. The shot ended with nice arrow penetration in a solid oak tree. I told her it wasn't fair that her first shot on her first deer would have topped all my other deer that I've got mounted. She had fun that's all that matters. Below are trail cam pics of the deer. These pics are on the other side of the farm prob 1000 yards as the crow flys. We hunted no bait pure oaks. Enjoy, we did.

Here's the stud she missed[8D]

This guy feed around us for a while at 30 yards but we decide 20 yards max.

We had this guy around us all night, he came in 15 minutes after we got there and never left.

This guy came through at about 32 yards along with a host of does.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G/F's First Hunt with pics

Oh man, Thats a great way to get her hooked none the less, Tell here I said congrats on her first hunt. It takes a lot more practice and dedicaation than a lot of people think. And Ive seen her shoot back when she first started,(I remember looking for an arrowin the field on the left side of a bear and tree)then I remember the stories of telling how she almost beat you at the shoots and such. She's came a long way.and Kudos to you for teaching and being patient with her. T'was indeed a successful hunt.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Aaron you have no idea how fun it was, for me anyways. First thing she said this morning is that she dreamed of that dang deer LOL. I've got a couple of studs up there that if Dad or Stephanie don't shoot this year will be really good deer next year. After she shot at that buck it fed around us for 30 minutes at 30 yards, it was all I could do not to pull the trigger on him.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad she had fun now hope she can close the deal. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:03 PM

I think we can all relate with that. Maybe not the arrow in a tree but buck fever, the first time I had it was witha doe and I never had the oportunity to shoot at her. It was so bad I almost passed out, thank God I was on the ground. It was then that I realized I did need a safty harness. Tell her to keep at it and the shot will come
Old 09-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome, glad to see she is getting involved and your two are having fun only a matter of time, congrats on your buck as well, one heck of a deer
Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

THANKS Frank. She kinda got spoiled last night, as we all know that you don't always see deer in numbers much less 4 different bucks. As a matter of fact that was my third set last week and Saturday night was the only time I seen any deer.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Congrats for getting her out there, Brandon. I'm sure ya'll had a good time.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Jeff!