Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New broadheads??Need Advice

Old 09-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New broadheads??Need Advice

You could get away with a 340 spine easily, but if you have the 300's, their fine as well. As for which BH, you can shoot anything you want, but I'd go with a 125gr if I were you due to the stiffness of your spine. Even at that, you're still a little stiff, but it should weaken it a little. I personally like Slick Tricks, but I've shot several, and I also have some Wally World Eastman Titanium Sabre 100's in my quiver, and they shoot just fine as well.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slick Tricks fly better than any head that I've tried.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Again I appreciate the info.. I think im gonna try Slick tricks, Muzzy 125gr and montecs..See which ones I like.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

Yeah thats what im thinking...Ive heard some bad things about both...But i have muzzy's for my older commander 50-60# and the 85gr. muzzy 3 blades are amazing but the new bow is 71# and i know 85gr would be all over the place.

I dont know when I shoot my muzzy's 125 with my bowtech commander 50-60lbs goes through the shoulder blade...And makes a perfect 3 blade cut.
Which is it... 85 gr or 125 gr? You just saud your muzzy's cut through shoulder blades so why are you switching...???[:'(]
Old 09-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

I made an honest mistake I forgot i changed my muzzy's top 125gr. And this new is a lot faster. And ive heard guys have problems with "planing" arrows. So im not sure if i wanna shoot the 125 muzzy's i need to do some experimenting.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I prefer to shoot alumimun arrows from my bow, I am using easterns 2315 as well as 145 gr magnus broadheads. I couldn't get much control using the lighter broadheads so I went heavier. Now they shoot like missles out of my bow. I am shooting an old bear bow though at 75lbs. and have never tried the graphite arrows.I had a problem getting the right arrow wieght and this is what i had come up with after discussing it with a friend one day. That help me alot and I can hit my mark right on target. Before that my arrows were doing the same thing you have describe on here. So if you know someone that shoots a 145 gr. broadhead see if you can borrow one to see how it works with your set up. good luck to you.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Rage 2-blade! Devastating!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

The rages are def on my try list. Im hearing lots of good things about them...I took the advice of someone on the forum here and walmart has the eastman titaniums did some research on them for walmart cheapos they fly straight and get the job done. And for the price cant go wrong. Even if they are a once use blade. Again those would not be my first choice. But in a pinch I might just throw em on and take a few shots.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The rages are def on my try list. Im hearing lots of good things about them...I took the advice of someone on the forum here and walmart has the eastman titaniums did some research on them for walmart cheapos they fly straight and get the job done. And for the price cant go wrong. Even if they are a once use blade. Again those would not be my first choice. But in a pinch I might just throw em on and take a few shots.
I blew one right through a 240# buck from above, in between the spine and the shoulder blade, out his brisket, and only broke off one blade, and I'm not sure it that was when he rolled over it or what, but the heart had a perfect three blade "PUNCH THROUGH" in it!!! For the money, I'd have a hard time beating them. They don't fly quite as well as my ST's, but they still fly pretty well, and will do the job!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

I blew one right through a 240# buck from above, in between the spine and the shoulder blade, out his brisket, and only broke off one blade, and I'm not sure it that was when he rolled over it or what, but the heart had a perfect three blade "PUNCH THROUGH" in it!!! For the money, I'd have a hard time beating them. They don't fly quite as well as my ST's, but they still fly pretty well, and will do the job!!!!
With the eastman or the rage. Im retarded

Quick Reply: New broadheads??Need Advice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.