Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you feel about teaser posts?

Old 09-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default How do you feel about teaser posts?

What say ye about these? The seasons are barely in and they are starting to crop up. Personally I think they get old real quick. If you are going to put up a teaser, it should be followed up by the actually pix and story within 12 hours, but no sooner than 4 hours. If you are going to post sooner than 4 hrs you can wait and make it one post.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you feel about teaser posts?

If you are going to put up a teaser, it should be followed up by the actually pix and story within 12 hours, but no sooner than 4 hours.
Lots of ways to look at this, I guess. I can tell ya.....if Rob or Matt get something on the ground....we'll be calling our friends. If they post something up......that's up to them. We'll wait for the harvest photos and post, then.

With no offense to anyone who's posted these prior.....what I don't give much time to is post where the actual shooter isn't a member (i.e brother's cousin, guy I know, etc...). I say with no malice that if I don't at least know they're a member.......I don't share in any excitement for their kill.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Teasers suck and the only acceptable teaser is one created by someone other than the person shooting/looking for the deer. Even then the thread creator better be getting regular updates via text or phone and posting them up.

There is a reason women are normally the ones called teases. Too much teasing is grounds for severe sack punching and man card revokation.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anything that is amusing, I highly encourage. But to be totally honest, I don't even give a damn if they write the "story" to follow-up on the teaser. Just show me some pictures dammit. I just like looking at the pictures. That's why I prefer Penthouse over Romance Novels. I'm shallow and superficial like that. I usually "try" to read the story, but if drags on or starts to get me feeling like I'd rather be slamming my fingers in a car door, then I just scroll on down to the pics. Who am I kidding? I look at the pics first.

As an aside - I just inserted the word "sack" into each of your usernames:
[ul][*]Rybosacker[*]G-Sack[*]Huntingsack[/ul]
I would probably become "quiksacker."

Oh well... Back to work. [:'(]
Old 09-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ill tell you later [8D][8D]
Old 09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Down with teaser posts!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bloodcrick

Ill tell you later [8D][8D]
You'd be bloodsack LOL!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 AM

I like them, I'm looking to get a deer and then tell the whole story and then pull a rory and not post pics for like a week. unless its a buck, then it goes up and you have to decide the story.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

With no offense to anyone who's posted these prior.....what I don't give much time to is post where the actual shooter isn't a member (i.e brother's cousin, guy I know, etc...). I say with no malice that if I don't at least know they're a member.......I don't share in any excitement for their kill.
No offense taken...but

Many people like to see pics of big bucks regardless of who killed it. I shared a pick ofa friend's buck recently and so far it has recieved 71 replies and 1522 hits.

If you also factor in that this was a deer that I had been scouting and hunting myself I don't see why it would be innappropriate in any way.

My .02
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM

Frankly, I LOVE the teaser threads! It drags the fun out longer, builds the anticipation. I think they're a blast. They're just fun threads....I always get a good chuckle out of them.

Quick Reply: How do you feel about teaser posts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.