Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sight issue or me?

Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 PM

Default sight issue or me?

I am haveing a little problem. Last week I was shooting my bow and everything was great. So went out bowhunting and thank god I didn't shoot at anything. I went to shoot tonight and my first shot was a ten inches high thought maybe I jerked or something shot two rounds and was high. so I adjusted my pins and was back in action or so I thought... It was getting to dark to shoot 30 and 40 yards so went back to ten, and was dead in the bullseye, but should have been a bit high(used my twenty yard pin for both) so I went out to twenty and was 3-4 inches low and the same with thirty. I don't use a kisser button but douse a peep. Do you think that I need a kisser or could the peep be sliding or if ancor point moving? Any Ideas would be helpfull. thank you.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:25 AM

Default RE: sight issue or me?

Mark your string with a magic marker to see if the peep ismoving. I also mark my sight and rest. I use duct tape and a marker. If something on my bow moves I will know by the marks on the tape. I also have a yard stick with my A to A. Brace Ht. tiller,peep and loop marked on it. I also mark my sight pins. If you took my bow apart all I need is that yard stick to get every thing back right. Just works for me. As far as a kisser thats up to you just anchor the same every shot.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:35 AM

Default RE: sight issue or me?

So.....you were high, adjusted your pins, and now you're low? Am I reading that correctly? Sounds like you over corrected. Now, why were you suddenly hitting high? Many possibilities. Your sight moved. Your rest moved. Your peep moved. Your string stretched. Your cable stretched. Or maybe you just weren't holding right.

Make sure everything is tight. If you have access to a scale, see if the draw weight has changed. If your string is stretching, it will gain weight. If your cables are stretching, it will lose weight. Then make sure the bow is tuned. Make sure your arrow is level and centered.