Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Well that was a first...criminals upsetting my land?

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

So, came home from work today to find ALL the doors locked including the garage. We live on the side of a mountain with no neighbors, so we don't lock up much. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Found out that morning, two guys attempted to break into a house about 2 miles away. The dog chased them, and they took off on their dirtbike. Local and state police followed their tracks, which led straight into our fields, because our gate that borders the township road was left open[:@] They proceeded to follow the tracks which tore through the main field, up through a logging road right into, yep the worst place imaginable, our freaking food plot! We just planted in there a month ago, and I've been keeping all of this area off limits in preparation of the season. Well these idiots tore through the field, circled the field, then cut out across our neighbors land. This all happened around 9am, so, yeah the deer were probably still in the vincinity (key word "were"). The cops couldn't get the chopper in the air because it was too foggy, but they finally got the police plane flying in the area. The cops think they may have stashed the bikes up either on our property of the neighbors (although they probably just found another way out). So, needless to say, thanks to the lowlifes of this world, our foodplot is mangled, pretty much every stand site I have got a nice police cruiser/ripping dirtbike driven through it, and we're only weeks from the opener. Great. Just wanted to vent, guys. Thanks for listening.

I have no sympathy at all. We have deer dogs running on our land at least once a week all year long. And some scum bag stole the outboard off my boat.. and teal season opens on Saturday. I'm trying to learn how to sail.. ain't working out. Trust me here.. you ain't so bad off... deer are used to being spooked.. they spook at everything. If you did that kinda thing all the time then you'd have a problem.. once... no way.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

what a bummer
Old 09-18-2008, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

So, came home from work today to find ALL the doors locked including the garage. We live on the side of a mountain with no neighbors, so we don't lock up much. Needless to say, I was perplexed. Found out that morning, two guys attempted to break into a house about 2 miles away. The dog chased them, and they took off on their dirtbike. Local and state police followed their tracks, which led straight into our fields, because our gate that borders the township road was left open[:@] They proceeded to follow the tracks which tore through the main field, up through a logging road right into, yep the worst place imaginable, our freaking food plot! We just planted in there a month ago, and I've been keeping all of this area off limits in preparation of the season. Well these idiots tore through the field, circled the field, then cut out across our neighbors land. This all happened around 9am, so, yeah the deer were probably still in the vincinity (key word "were"). The cops couldn't get the chopper in the air because it was too foggy, but they finally got the police plane flying in the area. The cops think they may have stashed the bikes up either on our property of the neighbors (although they probably just found another way out). So, needless to say, thanks to the lowlifes of this world, our foodplot is mangled, pretty much every stand site I have got a nice police cruiser/ripping dirtbike driven through it, and we're only weeks from the opener. Great. Just wanted to vent, guys. Thanks for listening.

I have no sympathy at all.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bummer

Old 09-18-2008, 05:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I "kinda" feel your pain.

2 years ago I got access to about 80 acres of PRIME land (Stokes Co., NC....which produces some slammers every year). I scouted. The landowner planted clover for ME!

He went out the first week of bowseason.....and bought his son a dirt bike.

I hunted it......exactly once.

Shame.

Good luck keeping them off. I hate this happened....but if it's a lone occurrence....I wouldn't worry too much about it. You made a ruckus planting. They seemingly overlooked that. They'll be back....and sooner rather than later, most likely.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sucks Matt, but believe me it will be ok. Last year, the day before the season, one of my landowners said, "you should have some good hunting this year, I have been riding up on the 4 wheeler damn near every night this week and seeing deer." One accurance and two weeks to die down, you are fine. As long as they didn't re plow the entire field you will still arrow a monster with that 101.[8D]
Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks
You're welcome. Be grateful for what you have.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Thanks
You're welcome. Be grateful for what you have.
I am. Note the smiley. It's all in good nature. You made good points. I thought that first line was blunt and funny. I can appreciate that.