Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA...."IN Da House"!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA...."IN Da House"!

Have fun guys and best of luck!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

And buckeye finished second behind me, ya'll remember that. Need I show him my rock again. He may have forgot that since my 1st place stone isn't in my avatar anymore. [8D]
Lightning won't strike twice, we will be in the same shooter group next time as well

Swing and miss, that was just mean.

I was just playing anyhow.. I hope all of you shoot a couple [8D]

Old 09-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Jeff when you film, a bleat will suffice, this time[8D]
Advice heeded, Kyle....lol

A buck, Matt? Et tu? I hope you SEE "A" buck, here.....lol. Fire away!

With the exception of the wind prediction for tomorrow AM.....I tell ya it could not be playing out more perfectly. I've got some double trees picked out to film from......and the lone hunter's tree is in proximity that we'll all bear witness if a deer is taken. I may not be able to get good audio on the second shooter.....but we'll have anything taken on film, hopefully. I'm excited for these guys. It's their first sits.....and I know they must be anxious.

Today we'll hunt a woodlot I've never hunted for deer....but the sign is there (LOTS of scat). It's a little woodlot that they must be using to stage in, before heading to the beans (I'll post up an aerial).

Like I said.....if either scores....we'll most likely get it on film. It's gonna be cool for me....not taking a bow to the woods to deer hunt. Hard to explain.

Here's the plan, today. We'll keep you posted of the next hunt.....depending on the forecasted wind.

Green lines define bean fields.
Red dots = stands
White lines = trails

Old 09-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys hold down the fort and play nice.

We'll check in over the weekend.......maybe.

Tree time is 5 bells.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

p.s. - Just remember....if we take harvest photos and post them....Matt is 9'3".
LOL... There's probably many who don't understand that reference; I know EXACTLY what you mean. Trust me... when you take a picture standing beside him, he indeed DOES look 9'3"! [8D]
Old 09-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck guys. I couldn't help but be incredibly envious of Rob last night as he was gathering the last few things and making sure everything was set to go. I just kept shaking my head and saying "I can't believe you get to hunt tomorrow night." Lucky duck. Here I sit at work, more than a full two weeks out from hunting. I hope all goes well. I predict exactly what Matt said 3 does 1 buck, I don't know who will do it, but it will be a great story. Be safe fellas, both in hunting and in travel. Keep us posted.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Gents!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck girls [8D]
Old 09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt and I rolled in here about 1:30. Not a bad ride, about 6 hours from Matt's.

We've settled in, snacked and shot. We're ready to clean up for our first hunt of 08. I'm so looking forward to sitting in a tree.

We decided now, Jeff will sit with Matt and film him. I've taken several deer on video, Matt hasn't so we'll see how that take places. We figured Matt will hunt with Jeff in the morning as well but after that, he better have one down or I'm taking my camera man.

Will check back after dark when the cold ones are opened. Be Good girls, you too Davidmil.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luckguys.

Quick Reply: PA...."IN Da House"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.