Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a Meat Grinder...

Old 09-17-2008, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default Looking for a Meat Grinder...

Hey All,
After a trying summer I bought my wife a new bow so she can hunt with me. In doing so I all but cleaned out my hunting account. I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a used meat grinder. To start butchering my own deer, obviously.lol.... Ideally I would like to have an electric grinder, but not afraid of using a manual grinder this year if that is what it will take to get me going. If anyone has a meat grinder they are no longer using I would be very interested in making a deal.

Thanks,
R
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a Meat Grinder...

Great little grinder for $60 and will easily do any grinding involved in processing your own deer.

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/774/83

They also sell deer processing videos if you are interested.

http://www.lemproducts.com/product/652/87
Old 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

I bought the hand crank one at walmart for $20.00. I tossed the hand crank in the trashand threadeda bolt in place of it and use my power drill w/ a socket to crank it. I bought it 2 years ago and have butchered 3 deer with it so far. Still works great and I saved alot of $. Even if I replaced it every year I think I'd make out pretty well. But like I said, I'm on year 3 right now and it's still going strong.

If you already have a power drill it will only cost you $20 plus the cost of the bolt (unless you already have that too).
Old 09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: StraightArrowNY

I bought the hand crank one at walmart for $20.00. I tossed the hand crank in the trashand threadeda bolt in place of it and use my power drill w/ a socket to crank it. I bought it 2 years ago and have butchered 3 deer with it so far. Still works great and I saved alot of $. Even if I replaced it every year I think I'd make out pretty well. But like I said, I'm on year 3 right now and it's still going strong.

If you already have a power drill it will only cost you $20 plus the cost of the bolt (unless you already have that too).
That sounds like something I would do, and a great idea.... Do you tape/rubber band the trigger, or have a beer drinkin buddy man the drill for ya?
Old 09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

No, I feed the hopper with one hand and drill w/ the other. That way I can control the speed. The hopper is small, but if you only butcher one deer at a time, how fast do you need to go?

Like I said, it's worked out great for me. When this one stops working, I'll get another $20 one and do the same thing.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get the WIFE a KitchenAid Stand-Mixer, and pick yourself up a meat grinder attachment, that's what I use, and it does a GREAT job. But for the $20 and the option above, that sounds pretty decent as well.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

In case you missed it in the other thread. I bought a $70-85 electric one from last year and have done 3 deer so far and have no complaints! Works flawlessly and eats up the meat as fast as I can feed it!!
I bought it at Wal-Mart!!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I have a #32 manual one that works well and cost about $40. No need for an electric one. I did 45 Lbs of scrap last year in 15 or 20 minutes or so and it was no problem.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have a grinder that is run off a eletric motor at least we made so it would run of a motor. we can grind 10-12 pounds of meat a minute. its a real time saver.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have an attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixer I bought my wife .... it works flawlessly!!!

Quick Reply: Looking for a Meat Grinder...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.