Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rages whistling

Old 09-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rages whistling

The only reason they whistle is because they can't remember the words to sing.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone else have this issue?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

One of the advantages of being hard of hearing..... you don't hear those little annoying sounds.[&:][&:]
Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's a test to try.....if you are confident in your shooting abilities.......lol.

Place your movie camera on top of your target.....and turn the sound up to the max.

Go back to (______) yds and fire a few shots at your target. THAT is what the deer hears.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a test to try.....if you are confident in your shooting abilities.......lol.

Place your movie camera on top of your target.....and turn the sound up to the max.

Go back to (______) yds and fire a few shots at your target. THAT is what the deer hears.
Times that by about 100 from what we can hear. Deer can hear unbelievably!
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

The point I was trying to make, Schultzy.....is the "whistling" we hear won't be audible to OUR ears from that vantage point. "Whatever" the deer hears will be (admittedly) amplified from our perception.....but the point is....it'll be less than what most think.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

The deer I killed Saturday didn't hear any whistling and neither did any of his 4 partners. They still ain't figured out what got him. But in there defense, as I was walking up on my deer I walked right through a yellow jackets nest and got stung 7 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Is this true Schultzy? I've heard, not from any scholarly sources, thatthe hearing of deer is pretty comprable tothatof a human. I haven't done anyresearch on this, but I was wondering if you have...or if you're just speaking from observation.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 AM

ORIGINAL: chrowski

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Is this true Schultzy? I've heard, not from any scholarly sources, thatthe hearing of deer is pretty comprable tothatof a human. I haven't done anyresearch on this, but I was wondering if you have...or if you're just speaking from observation.
The biologists on Quality Whitetails TV discussed this recently. They claim new research found deer hear about the same as humans. The only difference being they can hear higher pitches. So maybe the whistling is louder to them if your broadheads are making a high pitch whistling? Either way, I don't think it matters.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

never noticed it with mine, BUT i damaged my hearing as a youth listining to Big hair bands

Quick Reply: Rages whistling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.