Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can' t see my sight pins!

Old 03-23-2003, 03:32 PM

Default RE: I can' t see my sight pins!

I had a similar problem, but I had trouble seeing through the " Dusk Vision Peep Sight" , into the fiberoptic pins. I had my shot at a buck, and got it, but i had a heck of a time seeing it through the peep. During practice I never had this problem, it seemed alright, but after that I took it off in the middle of October and started from scratch. This is my first year bow hunting, cause i' m 17 now, but nobody ever tought me correct form, and I have finally figured it out the answer.

THERE IS NO CORRECT FORM!!! As long as two major things stay the same.

1. Anchor point
2. Grip

If you can keep these two things consistent, you' ll be shooting better than you ever have. With the peep sight I could group what I thought was really well. But without it it takes a lot more practice and concentration in the beginning, but now it is completly natural, and I can pull my 65 lb. bow back and shoot in 3 seconds and have great grouping. Its all in how much you practice. All summer I was shooting 30-60 arrows a night after work, but now it is so natural I don' t have to think, I just pull back and pull the trigger and it naturally finds it' s mark now.

TAKE MY ADVICE, FIND THE PINS, DEVELOP A CONSISTENT FORM THAT WORKS FOR YOU, AND MAKE SURE YOUR GRIP AND ANCHOR POINTS ARE THE SAME.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:22 PM

OK... LISTEN..AND THINK... THE PLACEMENT OF THE SIGHT AND STRING TOGETHER HAVE ABSOULOUTLY NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER..
NOTHING !!!! YOU COULD MOUNT YOUR SIGHT OFF THE BOLT HOLE FOR THE
LIMB POCKET AND IT WOULNT MATTER.. THE POINT OF THE SIGHT IS TO
PUT A DOT EXACTLY WHERE THE ARROWS GOING TO IMPACT... IT CAN DO THAT
NO MATTER WHERE ITS MOUNTED!!!! SO DO THE LEFT OF THE STRING THING
AND IT WILL BE OK...
Old 03-25-2003, 01:11 AM

Silentdeath.
I don' t quite get how the sights left of the string thing works. I might be mistaken, and probably am [&:] but unless you adjust the launcher left so the arrow shoots out to the left, the pins won' t be wear the arrow will hit. The arrow will be hiting to the right of were the pins say it will. Also if the arrow is not dead center of the direction the string is pushing it (exactly straight forward) then as the arrow leaves the string it will try to straighten up which will cause it to fishtail through the air. Not good.[:' (] So I thought (I could be wrong though) the arrow had to be dead center of the string so it flies straight out and doesn' t fishtail. So inorder for the sights to put a dot were the arrow will hit, they would have to be inline with the string.

Could you please clarify how the left of the string thing works please.
Thanks.
Old 03-25-2003, 12:10 PM

Sounds like you need to tinker with the pins and the rest--move the pins a very small amount to the left then move the rest a VERY small amount to the left.JMO.
Don' t do this!!!!!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:08 PM

Hows this one.

I bought a cheapy silverhawk PSE bow kit, for a friends son off Ebay, new in the box.

Hard plastic flipper rest. Throws the arrow to the right. More then the site would go if you lined up behind the string, with the site as far in as it would go. There is no peep on the string now. It would be useless anyway.

To shoot this bow accurately I have to anchor, and sight with my left eye(opposite eye, I' m right handed) Put the pin on it, and twack!
Old 03-25-2003, 11:58 PM

that doesn' t sound right but if it works for you then that' s all that matters.

Have you ever paper tned it to see if the arrows are fish tailing as they fly?
Old 03-26-2003, 06:29 PM

There is no way around it with the cheap basic rest that came with the bow package. Hard black plastic sticking out. No way to make it not hit the fletchings. It knocks the arrow sideways as it leaves. The only way to correct this is to go with a different arrow rest.I could make a prong style work, but it isn' t my bow. All I can do is suggest.

Like I said, this was a cheap beginners bow package from PSE. You get what you pay for!
Old 03-27-2003, 07:34 AM

There is a way Hyawatha. I think that' s the same bow my son shoots but his is a Xi Silverhawk. I honestly think it is the same and they have been around awhile. You can use the old springy rests on those bows or you can rig a prong rest to drop away and shoot the cock vane pointed out. When I first started everyone used the springy rests and didn' t know any better.

We' re using a savage magnetic drop-away on Logans and he shoots it well. In this pic he is shooting some of my arrows with the nocks turned for his bow and doesn' t have much trouble getting 4" groups at 20 yds. His pins are in line with his arrow and we can even get this bow to paper tune with these xtra long 3555' s.

You might try something like that. Hope this helps.

-Chief

Old 03-27-2003, 02:25 PM

I emailed a response to you Hyawatha. I think you can get better flight out of that bow.

Some of my replies just don' t go through.

-Chief

Old 03-28-2003, 07:51 PM

Got the e-mail, and replied back.

I agree totally. All I can do is suggest. It is not my bow. Or it would have a prong.