Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wow 1/2 ounce per wash.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default wow 1/2 ounce per wash.

ok i saw where hunters specialty had changed the scent a way kit. now it has a H.E laundry soap which from what i was told is a rip off.
i was told the high eff. soap was watered down since you do not need as much. but if you by the new 2x or 4xs stuff you will only need to use 1/3 or so the soap for the same money. Well i did notice the new scent away was a 2xs soap. When i went to wash my stuff it said to use 1/2 a ounce for a front load washer. WoW thats not much. though i did use 1 ounce because i had my warm weather camo two sets of gloved two sets of soaks, my new backpack and my face mask. and my camo is big.
But if it really washes it clean even at an ounce thats less then 50 cents a wash
have any of you guys started useing the new stuff
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wow 1/2 ounce per wash.

We just bought a new LG front load washer and dryer, they are amazing, and the HE is the soap you need for those. I have a whole bottle of the regular stuff, not sure if I should try it or not, don't want to have suds coming out of the laundry room.

As far as the soap being watered down...not sure how that info comes to light, but i'm sure you have a good source.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

if you look at the soap you can see how the 2x or 4x times stuff is thicker. the guy who told me it was watered down was the guy i bought both of my front load washers and dryers off of at lowes. i bought a LG set for up stairs and a whirlpool set for down. I have used the reg. soap the 2 and 4x times concentrate stuff and the reg. soap if you use the regular stuff or the 2x or 4x stuffs use less i normally use about 1/3 of what it says for the He soap. one time i filled the cup up that came with the HE soap with regular soap and i had to rewash the clothes without adding any soap to get them soap free.
ORIGINAL: YooperMike

We just bought a new LG front load washer and dryer, they are amazing, and the HE is the soap you need for those. I have a whole bottle of the regular stuff, not sure if I should try it or not, don't want to have suds coming out of the laundry room.

As far as the soap being watered down...not sure how that info comes to light, but i'm sure you have a good source.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohh and do not worry about suds running on your floor even if you add to much the doors lock air tight when you turn it on. or atleast mine does. if it did not you would have water everywhere. got to say they where a great investment. I got all my clothes for hunting in one load plus my backpack. with a topload 2 loads.
ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

just makes more bubbles if you use too much

dad doesnt know the difference....we found out that he filled the soap tray to the MAX line...with the concentrated soap...think it was 4x.....the cap full you are supposed to use is tiny...he put in like 4 or 5x the amount he should have....bubbles never came out of the machine...but it was full of them! took a couple rinses to get them out! lol
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Unscented arm and hammer is 2.50 for 30 washes..