Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead question...

Old 09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default broadhead question...

lets say you have 5 arrows in quiver,, or 3 for that matter.... if you buy 3, 6 broadhead it doesnt matter.. do you shoot everyone of the new broadheads to see if they fly true or do you jus pick on an shoot it an ASUME all the other will fly the same......?????????????
Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead question...

?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot em all'!! But you already know what i do !
Old 09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I test every one with old blades...I usally shoot several shots at different ranges and if that arrow and head shoot good then I put new blades on the head and put it in the quiver...
Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just shoot one and assume they fly the same.. i mean they do make them in teh same place, same everything
Old 09-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the practice head. Guess I haven't had a real head fly any different. IMO theres no reason to have to re-sharpen my blades if I don't have to. To each their own though...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

confirmed it 2 years in a row....my 125gr 3 blade muzzys and/or my CX XP selects are fussy....gotta find the right broadhead ferrule that shoots right on whatever shaft.....ive honestly swtiched ferrules and had arrows hitting off target....usually "close" within a 1-3 inches at 20yds....but if i have them on the "right" shaft i can drill golf tees...got 4 matched up right now...got 4 more shafts to find ferrules for....got about 2 dozen sets of practice blades...blades have never made a difference but ive seen ferrules make a difference many times....so the shafts and ferrules get numbered once i find the right combo and they stay together all season....and i can also shoot FPs if i keep them all marked...
Old 09-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the arrows are tuned to the bow, and the broadheads tuned to the arrows, they will cut the same hole. However I keep my arrows numberd, I sight my bow in with the number 1 arrow, resharpen it, and use it till it is lost or destroyed, then repeat the process with number 2 and so on. I have never had to move the sight when moving on to the next arrow, but still like to check it.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

confirmed it 2 years in a row....my 125gr 3 blade muzzys and/or my CX XP selects are fussy....gotta find the right broadhead ferrule that shoots right on whatever shaft.....ive honestly swtiched ferrules and had arrows hitting off target....usually "close" within a 1-3 inches at 20yds....but if i have them on the "right" shaft i can drill golf tees...got 4 matched up right now...got 4 more shafts to find ferrules for....got about 2 dozen sets of practice blades...blades have never made a difference but ive seen ferrules make a difference many times....so the shafts and ferrules get numbered once i find the right combo and they stay together all season....and i can also shoot FPs if i keep them all marked...
i shoot muzzy also an never thought about changin the ferrules to maybe get a stray to fly right.... i took one head an an shoot it on all my huntin arrows to to see how they would fly some needed some attention...but now im wishin i would have used my new ferrules to match up with each arrow jus use old blades an toscar tip...[:@]
Old 09-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

For fixed blades I shoot'em all. For mechanicals I pick one, and shoot it on every shaft to make sure each shaft shoots well.

Quick Reply: broadhead question...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.