Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fastest Kill Ever?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fastest Kill Ever?

I took a doe Saturday evening at 7:55 P.m. in Gerorgia and she went 30 yards and piled up. This morning I shot a huge (225 lbs.) 4 point and he only went 8 yards and expired within 15 seconds. How can this be possible? The arrow went through the heart and lungs but I've hit many deer the same way and they normally go 30 or more yards and crash. How is this possible?
Old 09-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fastest Kill Ever?

Every deer Is different. I've hit allot of mine In the same exact spot and some haven't gone 50 yards but the next one goes 100 yards. Who knows!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Every deer Is different. I've hit allot of mine In the same exact spot and some haven't gone 50 yards but the next one goes 100 yards. Who knows!
I'm with Schultzy on this one.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

"This morning I shot a huge (225 lbs.) 4 point and he only went 8 yards and expired within 15 seconds"

You shot a 225 lb. 4 pt. in Florida?

I shot a doe from the ground last year at 30 yards..she crashed through a 20 yard wide thicket in a few seconds and fell over dead immediately. I have never seen anything like it.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

With a bow about 30 yds and within a minute or so it was over with..

But one gun hunt years ago I walked into the woods and sat down without climbing my stand because I could use leaves moving around. About 15 min. when the sun came up there was a nice buck standing on the edge of the woods. I took my shot and he didn't even move, just fell over.. I got the truck and backed up to him and loaded him and off I went.. Quickest kill and Quickest hunt...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man law violation
Old 09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Fork Horn

Man law violation indeed
Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hit one right through the heart at 29 yards and it never knew it was hit.He just walked about 10 yards and weebled and wobbled and then fell down. A nice clean pass thru.

Another big buck I hit ran up a hill after the shot and came crashing down the hill from whence it came. He took out all kinds of small trees and shrubbery while rolling down the hill. It all took place in about 30 seconds.

Mostvoilent kill I have seen to date. The bucks seem to go down with a vengeance...
Old 09-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of it has to do with the state and whether or not the deer is relaxed, feeding, under stress or alarmed.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM

man law violation. can we see the sasquatch 4point?

Quick Reply: Fastest Kill Ever?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.