Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 or Thunderhead?

Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: G5 or Thunderhead?

I voted G5. Thunderheads are good heads too, but I always had problems when practicing with them. They come apart too easy if you have to push them thru the target and unscrew the head to pull your arrow. I got tired of having to put them together all the time.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother has had to always re-sight his bow using thunderheads (it's probably out of tune) but anyway.. He shot one of my Strikers and his impact point changed to be the same as his field points...

Just one example and everyone has a different story to tell but I shoot the Strikers and love them.. My go to head.. I might shoot a doe this year with a 2 blade rage just to see this hole everyone is talking about.. But I really like them Strikers...
Old 09-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzys by far . But since Muzzy isnt there, I went with G5. Good solid blades and better deign. I personally had alot of problems with the Thunder Heads. No clean passthroughs. Switched to Muzzys and ever deer I have shot have been complete pass throughs. [&:]Better blades and better chizzle pints???