Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need some help

Old 09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Need some help

I’m shooting Radial Weave STL Hunter 200 arrows cut to 27.5” arrows (from the back of the nock). The arrows have 2” Quick Spin Speed Hunters, 7” wraps, Easton Tracer knock and I’m shooting a 100gr broad heads. My question is that I just weight the arrow on my digital scale and its 375.9grains, is that considered

a) hefty arrow
b) normal hunting arrow weight
c) a light weight

My bow is set at 64# and it’s spitting the arrows 291fps. I’m not a speed freak (nothing wrong with it, it's just not me) and never keep up with this sort of thing. For me, if it flies great and my arrow hits the mark without spooking game......I’m happy. I’d just like to know if this is an average set up or what. Thanks for any help
Old 09-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some help

Gobble... 291 is fast IMO..Your arrow is probably considered a little on the light side by most... Mine weighs about 350grn and was shooting 297 at 70lbs. Since then I have back my limbs out a couple of turns and still very sastified with the effect. Your setup is perfectly fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need some help

I would say medium to light. heavy would be 450-500 IMO