Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane Hostage Pro Review

Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Octane Hostage Pro Review

This is the first time I've seen that rest before. I like the idea of having less contact with the arrow (a no brainer!) but those bristles look kind of stiff as a result. How's the draw noise? Loud? I fin my whisker biscuit to be a bit loud on the draw... How does this compare?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

So,did the Whammy not work on the Elite or was it a preference thing?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok Germ... I am not arguing with your review but you say you have zero(0) fletching contact????

How do you know this for sure? I generally will not argue with any review but I am really curious on how you know there is NO contact??

psss..... I still shoot an old prong stlye rest..... but certaintly cant figure out how you can avoid the rest on this or say a whisker biscuit?? If you show me a slo-mo video OK but any other way I dont get it?????

Like said befire not argue'n just wonderin???
Old 09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

It'd look even better if they had blue bristles
Looks good, good luck with it.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: TFOX

So,did the Whammy not work on the Elite or was it a preference thing?
Have not tried it yet

Ok Germ... I am not arguing with your review but you say you have zero(0) fletching contact????

How do you know this for sure? I generally will not argue with any review but I am really curious on how you know there is NO contact??

psss..... I still shoot an old prong stlye rest..... but certaintly cant figure out how you can avoid the rest on this or say a whisker biscuit?? If you show me a slo-mo video OK but any other way I dont get it?????

Like said befire not argue'n just wonderin???
I put some no scent powder on my blazers and tested it, I am also shooting a bullet hole.
From what I can tell no contact is being made that is effects the flight of the arrow.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know what is really going on. your easing into a Wisker bisquit
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Germ!! I really was curious!! I am sure you were probably like me when it comes to "stuff" touching your arrows while shooting!!

Now that you are sure it is not touching your arrows, then there is NO WAY that the bristles can wear and affect your shot right?

I have nothing against OCTANE just really curious????? I KNOW WHISKER BISCUITS TOUCH YOUR VANES causing your vanes to "deform"..so I am really hesitant towards full capture rests????
Old 09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buckeye suggested I test mine with Lipstick... not sure how he figured that out to start with, but it worked extremely well none the less.

Germ, how many shots are you getting out of a set of bristles? I'm on my second set of lowers already and the thing is tuned. I think my wraps are eating them pretty quickly.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:25 AM

Hope the bristles don't wear as quickly for you as they did for me.

Good luck, bud.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:44 AM

Tried it for spring turkey season. That is about how long it stayed on my bows. Wearing out the bristles too fast, plus I switched to vanes and it just wasn't cutting it for me.

Quick Reply: Octane Hostage Pro Review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.