Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Make sure you double check everything before season guys!

Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Make sure you double check everything before season guys!

The other day I went to the range and I was shooting great. Before I put black death away I decided to make sure all the bolts were snug,etc. I thought I saw my rest move just a touch.

Then when I shot my broadheads the next time I was waaay low at 30 & 40 so I knew it had to have been the rest. I went down today and adjusted the rest and got it dialed back in again.

Make sure you guys double check everything before you go hunting. If I hadnt it could have moved and something bad might have happened.

rick

Old 09-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Make sure you double check everything before season guys!

Also not only check over your bow now guys, but also check before you leave towards your treestand and AGAIN while in your tree!!

I had an incident last season where a piece of bark got lodged in my peep sight hole.[&:]! It didnt cost me a deer but if one would have presented a shot, then it definantely would have! It took me a minute to get the thing out of there!!