Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will the rage let me down tomarrow?

Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: will the rage let me down tomarrow?

i maintain fairly tight groups from 20-35 yards and when i shot with the rage 2 blade it was always about 2 inches higher than my field points ...makes 0 sense to me but thats how it was..
Old 09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

they fly the same for me, but that doesnt mean they will for you, i would say they will be fine, but you should let one fly just to be sure..good luck...

Old 09-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fatigue can result in poor shots. on the BH I have had no problems. but everyone is different i would def try one first if ya get a chance.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Fork Horn

i have the 2 blades. i decided to throw a broadhead on just to see how it would fly compared to the practice tip. flew just like my field points, except it left a huge gash in my target! oh well, i like to see that its working well.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have shot them out at 60 yards. they fly great for me. jusst like my fp's. not everybow is setup the same but as long as your practice head is dead on your real head will be. nad as far as fatigue, it gets us all. also when shooting a deer you will have nerves, unless your a stone cold killer, so be prepared for that. you will be fine. dont let your mind beat you.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

rule #1 never hunt with equiptment you are unfamilar with!

shoot them into foam before hunting!! buy new heads, sharpen blades, or replace the blades after shooting foam....no question in your mind about what they will do!! you will KNOW!
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM

Default RE: will the rage let me down tomorrow?

The practice heads fly exactly as the real ones. As you long as you have practiced with those you should be fine. If not, agree with what is said about being prepared and confident in your equipment.

Also, you will never go back to a fixed blade after seeing what those heads can do.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM

well i came home from work got a broadhead and went stight outside to do a one shot test in the foam. first shot at 20yds went dead center i know now that it must have been me just getting tired. i now feel alot better. ill be shooting arrow and broadhead that hasn't been used for target in the morning. gonna sneek in to my spot in the afternoon where i know the buck will show up if all goes well

good luck everybody and be safe tomorrow
Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot them first! How many Broadheads on the market today say FP accuracy? Its a selling gimmick for morons...... [X(] or slob hunters. I practice with Bh's b4 season both from the ground and from the height of my treestands. Things can change even with a good broadhead.
Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 PM

heres an update

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3037493

Quick Reply: will the rage let me down tomarrow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.