Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Stabilizer=shot change?

Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default New Stabilizer=shot change?

I just bought a limbsaver coil stabilizer 4" I put it on alone and my bow felt too light so I screwed it in to the end of the original stabilizer. Either way I shot my bow (with the limbsaver alone or attached to the original) I was shooting high. My pin at 20 yards was now exactly on at around 25 or 26 yards. Does the stabilizer speed up the shot or is it a balance thing. I just don't understand how when I make my bow lighter it shot high and then when I made it heavier it still shot high. It certainly deadened some vibration. Is it possible that the shock absorbtion allows the arrow to travel faster?
Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Stabilizer=shot change?

its balance, the bow may be canting back slightly or you are putting a bit to much pressure on the heel part of your hand while gripping the bow.

Shane