Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Damnit.....

I'll just keep shooting my LOUD Hoyt with all that jump and vibration.

Did you even know that some bows are designed to have forward jump,FOR A REASON? Most of them are target bows.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: TroopA

Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the "Big Three" hype (Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt). Bowtech's quality has plundered in the past 2 years, Hoytsare loud and have to much vibration and jump, and Mathews (though very smooth on the draw) are slow in comparison to all the others and all they do each year is add another dampner and call it a new model.

I would recommend the new High Country Iron Mace or the Speed Pro. I recently purchased the Speed Pro and I can tell you it's quiet, shock free and much smoother than the Bowtechs. It has the great Barnsdale limbs. Oh, and it's also super fast.
How can you not consider PSE?

They sell more bows annually than ANY other bow company....Period

Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would shoot the arrow that is properly spined and in no way would I shoot an arrow that is a little light on spine.NO WAY,it is unforgiving and will cause more headaches than anything else.

IMO,a bow should be able to shoot any weightarrow that the manufactuer warranties it to without fear of failure,but that is just me.If the bows can't handle it,even over time,then bump up the minimum arrow weight or fix the problem.

IMO,it isn't arrow weight that is the problem in most of these cases we have been seeing.Light arrows aren't helping but that is a secondary issue. IMO,Germ pretty well has it pegged.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

My apologies, guys- I wasnt asconcerned with taking a photo as I was with getting it to the shop.

After which, I was no longer in possesion of the cracked limb. The crack started just after the limb pocket and went straight back towards the wheel. It was about 1-1/2" in lenght and it was about an 1/8" wide. Swapped it out and went on huntin' !!

Is this the bow that was eating up string leaches?
Yup...I still have some CE350Max Hunters and Victory 400 arrows. If you guys really think that this could be caused by the arrows, I'll switch back to the CE350MH.

I've not much to say about the arrow, but the bow has a problem. Those top limbs were doing a lot of the work. There's room for a great deal of improvmnet. Told ya they were talking. That limb was saying your killing me while the bottom is just along for the ride. Finally said "I aint got no more, I'm outa here".

Those supressors are the rage but just maybe they are causing a great deal of stress by slaming to a stop the string. Combine that with already fragile limbs like 2 of the big 3 seem to have and that could explain a lot of the pics going around.

If you have an engenering typehat, put it on. if not maybe a salesmans hat isin order.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Pictures???? Me suspects .... well I do anyway.[&:][&:]
Me too.