Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Damnit.....

Man i hope you get it resolved quick,,,good luck!!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, when you got it to the shop, was it the limb or the dip?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

My point to the question above: You complain about limbs cracking in big bold letters, then two sentences later state that it may only be the dipping. What was it? Good or bad I want closure.[&:]

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

LIMB CRACKED !!

Its like every 2 das we get another post about a cracked limb. Figures, the day before the opener and big bucks farting around during daylight hours.

Diamond(Bowtech) Nitrous. Going to my shop right now, hopefully they can do a swap. I'll try and get a photo for ya'll.

The crack is on teh under-side of teh top limb, just after the limb pocket. I hope its only in the dipping.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

all im gonna say is i love my Matthews
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Well, someone has to mention it. A couple days ago you were telling us you were going to a 350 or 360 grain arrow and shooting 70 pounds. Although, you hadn'tweighed the arrows or put the bow on a scales. You wanted SPEED. The arrows could weigh less, the bow could easily be pulling 72 or 73. Well, you got some speed. You push the envelope and it hard on the equipment. As near as I can tell you were some where around 5 grains per pound. That's rock bottom minimum asking for trouble. Speed does kill. It's just sometimes the equipment that dies. Hope you get it fixed.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well, someone has to mention it. A couple days ago you were telling us you were going to a 350 or 360 grain arrow and shooting 70 pounds. Although, you hadn'tweighed the arrows or put the bow on a scales. You wanted SPEED. The arrows could weigh less, the bow could easily be pulling 72 or 73. Well, you got some speed. You push the envelope and it hard on the equipment. As near as I can tell you were some where around 5 grains per pound. That's rock bottom minimum asking for trouble. Speed does kill. It's just sometimes the equipment that dies. Hope you get it fixed.
So, 7.3x 27 + 100 + insert + nock + fletch + 4" arrow wrap= whatever I'm shooting.
I guessed this out to 360 grains.

At 70 lbs = 5.14
71 lbs = 5.07
72 lbs = 5.00

That's manufact spec...but still some may consider dancing on a thin line.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Dominant Buck

That is IBO bottom of the line close as you should even consider pushing it. You push the envelope it will tear or contribute to an ultimate rupture. Everyone is out for the fastest bow... no matter the cost and to hell with the consequences. And when someone mentions they're treading a tight line they insist it's within the minimum. The bow is noisier, it's harder on the equipment and doesn't kill any deader. Add 75 grains and things would be just fine with no visible difference in speed. Most of these failures and problems are usually tied to speed freaks.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

bummer hope you get it fixed
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.