Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2003, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Bowtech opinions for a new hunting bow

I just got the MIghty Mite in January and I really like it. Short, Light, Lightning fast and accurate as I' ll ever be. The 29 was a little short for my taste and I thought the MM was too...before I shot it. I even shoot the indoor spots with it and while I' m not on top...I' m not an " on top" shooter.
I shot a 30 target outdoor 3d today and it' s better in the woods than I even expected. I wouldn' t take my money back for it.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:06 PM

Why do you " have to" shoot a Bowtech??

Not slamming them, I think they are great bows........just wondering.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2003, 12:59 PM

I own a Bowtech Stalker, a 2002 Bowtech Extreme Solo, and a Parker 31. I like the light weight and the compact size of the Parker 31. The Stalker is lightweight too and is a great hunting bow. I was thinking of getting a Blackhawk - would have to try it though - like the extra shortness over the Stalker and Parker and it is also light. I am going to sell the Solo - a great bow which many use for hunting, but I am spoiled by the light weight of the others. The Stalker is the cheapest, which probably doesn' t matter for your situation. I really would like to hear from people about their opinions of the Blackhawk, since it will be a while before I am in a place that has an archery shop that would have one.

I found the MightyMite too heavy. The Tech29 didn' t have a long enough draw available for me and it was heavy too. At the time I bought the Solo I figured if I was going to carry that weight around I might as well have a longer axle to axle bow. But everyone I have heard of who has a MightyMite has been pleased with it.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowman2213, I have a Mighty Mite and really like this bow. It' s accurate, light, and fast. It' s also a pretty easy, short bow to shoot. Everyone that' s shot the VFT seems to really like them. The brace height is pretty close, a little higher on the MM. The VFT may have a little less vibration and recoil. Everyone speaks on how quiet the VFT is. The MM is also very quiet, with limb savers and whiskers. I' m completely satisfied with my Mighty Mite, but haven' t had a chance to shoot a VFT, yet. I' d think either bow would fit your needs. BTW, I' ve shot some decent scores with the MM on local 3D courses.
Old 03-16-2003, 02:54 PM

Phil

Do you still have your Patriot??

Didn' t you also have a Pro 38??

How long have you had the MM??
Old 03-16-2003, 03:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-16-2003, 04:51 PM

I am going to buck the flow here, I want to tell you right up front that I do not consider myself a world class archer. I shoot the local 3-D courses and I hunt. I am a 260' s average on the 3-D course from the hunters stake, that' s ok but rarely a trophy score. I shoot for fun and I once owned a Mighty Mite. I could not shoot it. My 3-D scores dropped to below 200! The owner of the pro shop traded me straight across for the solo extreme and I could not shoot it. Please notice that I am saying that I could not shoot them. He then traded me for a PSE mustang and my scores went right back to the 260' s at the next shoot. I am not knocking Bowtech, I can' t shoot them.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mark, I sold the 02 Pat & got an 03 Pat Dually. I still have the P38 DC (BowTech' s sleeper). I' ve had the Mighty Mite a little over a year.

Bowman2213, The draw is a little stiffer than some, not as bad as others I' ve shot. The valley can be what you make it with the draw stop. Let off can be adjusted from 65 - 80%. The wall is very solid. As with any single cam bow, shooting from the wall is necessary to achieve the best accuracy. Mine is a 60#er. It shoots a 368 gr arrow around 270 at 29" draw.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.