Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: *&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

If you dont find it suitable to lug around with you while hunting... I would atleast think about keeping it around for camping, BBQ, shooting, picnic, etc.....?? Not a bad thing to have on hand at anytime?!?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

You don't need one. The lumps will disappear after a couple days. Just make sure you swat all those misquitos that have that West Nile virus tag on them.[&:]

Look, you're a grown boy. You don't want to buy one then don't. Me, if someone told me the misquitos were out in full force.... I'd take both of mine for a half day hunt.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

Wow... There are a lot of respectable hunters on here recommending it. Honestly, I'm surprised. You guys have convinced me! Although - I was not pre-disposed to hate it
Old 09-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not care if you are wearing clothes covering every square inch of your flesh. You would not last 1/2 hr morning or evening hunt here in Louisiana without it. After these hurricanes, I have to wear repellant or use the Thermacell just to practice for a half hour in my front yard. (and that is constantly moving around) You would never be able to sit still in a stand without it here. Just my experience.

LT
Old 09-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one and have used it many times. Used it up in Canada bear hunting.. Didn't get a bear.. Used it in IL deer hunting, got a deer.. Did it make a difference, who knows.. But it did keep me from being eaten alive.. I don't use it all that much but if I hunt deer early near a pond or where there are a ton of skeeters then I will..

OH, and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet or not but they have started making a "holder" for them now... It straps in and you can strap it to ya.. I bought one last week, have not used it yet though..
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

get one there worth there weight in gold if you hunt around skeeters
Old 09-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Gmmat. I would buy it at half price. I need one for the wife. Honestly I've been in the deer woods since aug 25 and the skeeters are thick. Its been warm too so I don't wanna dress too warm. They eat me through my clothes[:@]
Get a thermacell and enjoy being skeeter free. Even if you only use it every now and then.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Site Bouncer

Well Jeff, all I can say is it works. I was skeptical at first but I broke down and bought one. Not really for deer hunting as we don't have that many around when we open. (Oct. 1st) but for my other summer hunts I've used it. Now.....for the bad points of it. In a slight breeze if your not down wind of it you will get bitten, not as much as without it all together but some of the more stubborn guys make it to you. Mosquitoes really can't fly in anything more than 7mph winds but in real slight winds they can and if yousitting up wind of the Thermacell you might get bit some.

I'd recommend it to any hunter or even if you spend summer evenings outside on your deck or patio....that's when I use mine the most. I even bought the lantern type thatglow like a globe for my outdoor table sets. They look a whole lot better than the regularThermacell and they even have a auto shut off if they are knocked over.

Here is what it looks like.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Yup BigJohn, I have 2 of those table models too.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

So what did everyone do before these things were invented?

While yes I have one, maybe I am less prone to fear the skeeters since their bites don’t have any effect on me. The buzzing in the ears is annoying but you get used to it. I really hate when they go in my eyes though.

Quick Reply: *&$%# Thermacell.....&#^#%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.