Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thanks to Rick James (Matt) and Rob

Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thanks to Rick James (Matt) and Rob

Well as you can tell by my signature I am not a fan boy, but actually quite the opposite. I shot a buddies guardian and decided to sell my switchback xt and buy one from their shop. I went to the shop to purchase one and he sold his last one a few hours before. This would not be a problem except the Ga deer season was less than 2 weeks away. I went on to to AT just to check the classifieds and sure enough Matt had just posted the guardian listed below. I cannot log on at work due to web restictions so I e-mailed Rob to see if he could reach Matt. Now keep in mind these guys have no idea who a lurker like myself is. Lets just say a couple days later she arrived and we immediatly dressed her up. Matt had her in time/tune and we paper tuned, ran her through the chrono, and walk back tuned (I am still learning this)during the last couple days. She is shooting bulletsat 70lbs with a29.5" draw, gold tip 5575's @ 27 3/4", and 100gr heads= 307 FPS. She is wearing a Spot Hogg real deal with .19 pins and wrapped, stone mountain dakota string, limb driver and a meta peep. Tonight I put a rage, a montec g-5 and a shuttle t into the same space from 35 yards. Again I can't thank Rob and Matt enough.

Per Rob and man law here are the pics. As you can tell I am horrible with the pics so if someone wants to fix the sizes, please be my guest.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks to Rick James (Matt) and Rob

Congrats buddy, hope you let the air out of something big with thatbow.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Glad I could help. Congratulations.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

I can tell you one thing, my block does not want anymore of her. I meant to get back to you whenshe arrived but I was so busy setting her up and shooting that I forgot. The arrows absolutly smack the target. Thanks again
Old 09-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Yeah, these guys are great. I just bought a bow from hunsucker. Had it shipped to another buddy's house on the forum. He's fixing it all up for me. The guys on this forum are the best!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: DoePeeSteve

Yeah, these guys are great. I just bought a bow from hunsucker. Had it shipped to another buddy's house on the forum. He's fixing it all up for me. The guys on this forum are the best!
I think I'll have my hands on that bow tomorrow night if Ben brings it up for Poorguy's Archery's special touch.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sweet setup, congrats.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Michael,
I think you'll find that there are a BUNCH of CLASS-ACT guys on here, no doubt about it, and they're the kind of guys that you WANT to be around and WANT to associate with.