Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got busted today!

Old 09-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I got busted today!

Jeff:

These are just the times you've ADMITTEDLY been back in there since 8/27.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2974566&mpage=13&key=&#30157 48

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3010673&mpage=1&key=&#301103 1

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3006298&mpage=1&key=&#300629 8

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3002424&mpage=1

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2974566&mpage=12&key=&#30027 29

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3002424&mpage=1&key=&#300242 4

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3000495&mpage=1&key=&#300049 5

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2993576&mpage=1

And this is what you said on 8/13:

I have hung my favorite stand. Its the one for opening day. No more visiting, tightening straps, etc.
Im not going back until opening day, so you think allof my scent, sweat, blood and spit will be gone by October 4th?
And you wonder why I question your "tactics"?

Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hoyt take this for what it is worth.

I have not step within a 1/4 mile of my stands. I walk down the two lane and floated the river. All my stands were set in Jan/Feb/March. From what I can tell and it's the reason you keep going to check your stands is this I think. you do not have confidence in your setups, you may think you do, but your actions tell another story. Yes I myself in my younger years did the same boneheaded move.[&:]

A good spot is a good spot, no need to check it
Old 09-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Dude, you have issues. I read each and every one of those links, and only 2 refer to the spot that is in question. If you really want me to defend my position on each of those links...give me a few days because I dont have time right now to argue with you about what you perceive as me being contradictory or deseptive. If you want to go to my team threads and link them to this, you are using the wrong method.

I have posted pictures of several rubs that are on two different parcels of land. I have 6 stands on almost 500 acres, and yes I get excited about each and everyone of them when I scouted them and located them. Perhaps you may have misconstrued my comments on several posts, even double postings that I have made on the general forums and reiterated on my team thread. I cant believe the tenacity that you have to prove a point.

Since you dont use a fixed stand, you dont have to worry when someone threatens to cut straps that hold you to a tree. I dont know, but if you did use fixed stands, you would be checking them daily, or do what I did and set up a camera. I chose to do what I thought was right. Im sorry if you disagree.

Im not sure what you are out to prove, but its obvious that I need to get out of this post before I get tossed! Please Jeff, do not feel as if you need to reply to any of my posts.

If you could read the PM's I am getting about this, you might want to just pick another post to reply, or start another of your own about something different.

I wish I could continue more with you rightnow, but my wife just got home and we are off to the Home Depot to get some paint. I hope others are not intimidated to post on here only to have super sleuth tear them apart. That is not what this forum was intended for.

I honestly think you are a good guy, and probably really motivated to learn how to be a good hunter, but courtesy is what I was raised on, so I will do what I originally claimed to do...and be humble.

You are right, I was wrong to go and check on my stand. Is that what you wanted to hear?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Spike

i have been busted by a monster buck and i let the place go for two weeks and when i went back i was able to see him that night........so i think as long as you give it time the buck will return

Old 09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope. I didn't want to hear anything. I've just been telling you for weeks that you need to stay out of your spots. I nor the deer care WHY you're going in there.

Nothing more.

It's funny to me that others are telling you the same thing....and you center on my replies.

Remember...I didn't say this.....these were your words.

I have hung my favorite stand. Its the one for opening day. No more visiting, tightening straps, etc.
Im not going back until opening day, so you think allof my scent, sweat, blood and spit will be gone by October 4th?
And in fairess to your friendships...I won't share with YOU the PM'sother membersand your neighbors are sharing with me.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are having fun setting up stands and enjoying your time in the outdoors, then who cares if you got busted....you have a lot of land and a lot of other deer to hunt. I am sure that by Mid-November the buck in question will have forgot about an event that happened 10 weeks prior. Best of luck to everyone this year.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

GMMAT,

I couldnt wait until I got back from Home Depot to read your reply. Since being away from the computer and doing other things more constructive I have decided that in all fairness anyone risks pressuring the deer the more you are in their house. In any ordinary circumstance I had no business being anywhere near my stand this close to opening day. If it werent for the circumstances of the kid threatening my well-being by booby trapping my stand, I would not have been there. Thats just pure common sense and hunting skills.

I honestly believe that this kid has something up his sleaves because Im sure he didnt have the few hundred dollars to get his hounds out of doggy jail. Pure and simple, I went in to set a camera up to watch my stand. No, I didnt mention that I had my camo on, and sprayed down with scent cover, and walked like I was stalking a trophy. I simply wanted to share my experience with being busted by my scent, as Im sure it wasnt me that the deer saw. That very distinctive snort told me he winded me, or it could have been something else.

My original question was very simple...does a deer have the memory that would tell him that in that exact spot he was spooked, and be wary of coming back to that same spot. Everytime I enter the woods I wear rubber boots and camo.

Its not about what others have replied, its the manner in which they did it. Dont take this personally, but your replies are very instigating. This could just be your personality, but the last thing I would ever do is start something over something so trivial. Most that shared their responses to this thread did so by telling of an example, both good and bad. None questioned my integrity or intent like you did.

Brett, best of luck to you as well...just dont shoot my deer when you come down. Im not to worried about them being spooked out of the area due to me being there, and if they were...there are several more.

Jeff, I hope you dont miss your trophy buck this year.

On a side note: I put a trail cam in my backyard near a pond I have on the property. I have pictures of fawns, does and a 6 point 3 yr old. The times on the pictures were all throughout the day and night. If they were so bent on running from me or any person, why do they keep coming back for the persimmons in my yard? I bet I get a shot at the buck I saw yesterday that sparked this whole thread!!

Peace andbest wishesto everyone
Old 09-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

None questioned my integrity or intent like you did.
No I didn't Jeff. Stop being so damned dramatic.

I did question your tactics....and still do.

Good luck to you, as well.

BTW....

That very distinctive snort told me he winded me, or it could have been something else.
You never disappoint me(I keed...I KEED!)
Old 09-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

You never disappoint me(I keed...I KEED!)
??????????
Old 09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow.......................................