Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Radial X Weave Predator Arrows

Old 09-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default PSE Radial X Weave Predator Arrows

Has anyone used/tried PSE Radial X Weave Predator arrows? I shot some today down at the local shop and I liked them pretty good. I bought a half dozen from the guy for $41. I generally use Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, and I'm notgiving up onthem by any means - they are great arrows, but at $140 or so a dozen they get expensive after you split/breaka couple.

Anyway, I was just wondering what your experience has been with them.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 PM

Default RE: PSE Radial X Weave Predator Arrows

I use them and never had any trouble shoot They straight and hit hard
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using them and dam they are accurate . I know what i will be shooting from now on .
Old 09-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have never used them, but I did purchase some Carbon Express Maxima Hunters yesterday. I've been shooting Gold Tips primarily, but these Maxima Hunters are really driving the tacks. I am impressed. I don't think I will ever shoot anything else.
Chris
Old 09-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are the Carbon Force Pros and The Carbon Force Predators. At $140/dozen, I am assuming you purchased the Pro series. I use the Predator series all the time for hunting. I love them! They aren't nearly as expensive as the Pros. I think they're listed on the PSE website for like $90/dz.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Crowkilla

Has anyone used/tried PSE Radial X Weave Predator arrows? I shot some today down at the local shop and I liked them pretty good. I bought a half dozen from the guy for $41. I generally use Carbon Express Maxima Hunters, and I'm notgiving up onthem by any means - they are great arrows, but at $140 or so a dozen they get expensive after you split/breaka couple.

Anyway, I was just wondering what your experience has been with them.
I was goiing t buy them. But I got a steal on a half dz. of carbon express maxima's. But I really like them, looks like they are right up there with the carbon express's. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I used Radial X-weaves for two seasons. Only issue I had with them (compared to my a/c/c's) is that they are "brittle". I broke more arrows in one season of shooting them than I thought I should have. Last year I killed more deer and only had one arrow be destroyed. If I look at the big picture.....the a/c/c's are worth the extra $$.

But...I had no performance "issues" (other than the one, noted) with the arrows. My son still shoots them.

Good luck
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I used Radial X-weaves for two seasons. Only issue I had with them (compared to my a/c/c's) is that they are "brittle". I broke more arrows in one season of shooting them than I thought I should have.
That's interesting. When I was talking to the dealer yesterday and one of the aspects he kept talking about was how tough and durable these shafts are. I guess we'll just have to see.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Dominant Buck

crow....I broke several during the '06 season. Maybe 4-5. That's just my personal experience. Maybe others have had dissimilar results. Good luck.