Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

Old 09-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Am I missing something?... I really thought there wouldnt be much competition between the two... I mean there both great, and I wouldnt hesitate to use either... But in every given situation... UC outperformed IMO...

But that's the reason for the post... to get your guys thoughts
Great job on taking the pics and spending the time to do your comparison buckmaster!! It was a very cool suprise to see the post.Welcome to my world with all questions and contradictions lol, its almost fun to see you reply to all the posts, Im just sitting here smiling.Buckmaster, you obviously purchased our camo and haveseen how the pattern works in the woods and if your satisfied than my job is done as well as all the other guys that have purchased the camo worldwide now and have sent me emails, letters, pictures etc expressing how much they like the pattern and how well it works.Our product line will grow and improve over time as our company growsthats a given.Like I tell everyone, lots of patterns will out perform other patterns in certain situations, I think most of us agree on that. This pattern was specifically designed for tree stand hunting or turkey hunting hardwoods in particular. Its actually worked out much better than we thought in many areas besides being in big hardwoods.I can tell you our pattern in black and white, or in sepia tones when a tree is at your back as it was designed, is tough to beat just because the vertical bark texture works so well against the vertical bark pattern of real trees. I dont remember who posted it, but I agree 110%, the actual color of the clothes isnt as important as what deer see which is going to be more of the pattern texture against its background rather than color matching.

Im not really sure what pictures some of you are looking for, like BW, sepia, or even distance shots. I can tell you our pattern certainly doesnt blob in low light conditions or at far distances. I dont want to highjack buckmasters thread as I have to take my hat off to him, I personally dont know him and have never met him that Im aware of, but youre a good man.I will post some requested pics if I have any you guys want to see of anything in particular that I may have pictures of.

Thnx again buckmaster!! Now go shoot some deer and send me the pictures so we can put them up on our web site. Who knows, maybe we will use it in our next TV commercial!!!

Old 09-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

Awesome pictures. Thanks for the taking the time to do that. I've done it before and it definately takes some time. UC looks great. Might have to check it out for this fall.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

pretty sweet
Old 09-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice review and good picks from the human point of view.

But according to the experts, that is not how deer see us in the woods. Altho I don't know which deer told them that. Thats why what camo looks good to us may not conceal us from the deers eyesight.

Just my thought on the whole thing.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

neat review, keep up the good work