Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

Old 09-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

LOL...I see....

Good luck.

And it's ULTIMATE CAMO....not treebark.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

sorry for calling it treebark, it looks very similar. good luck to you too.

curious do you work for this company?? Seems like you got a lot vested in this camo.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Dominant Buck

curious do you work for this company?? Seems like you got a lot vested in this camo.
Nope..Just a satisfied customer...and a friend of the owner (lots of guys here are in the same boat as me. Andy's a great guy with a solid product line).
Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Looks like the RealTree breaks up the shillouette a little better.
i agree. if you are motionless i would have to say that the U.C would be better. But, for any movement I think Real Tree would help in the illusion to break up your outline better.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought an Ultimate Camo outfit this year. I am excited to use it. First time I will be symmetrically attired when in the woods.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Am I missing something?... I really thought there wouldnt be much competition between the two... I mean there both great, and I wouldnt hesitate to use either... But in every given situation... UC outperformed IMO...

But that's the reason for the post... to get your guys thoughts
Old 09-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Am I missing something?... I really thought there wouldnt be much competition between the two... I mean there both great, and I wouldnt hesitate to use either... But in every given situation... UC outperformed IMO...

i think they are both good patterns for sure......but if you compare them side by side and move your eye over the F.O.V of each picture.. the human outline can be seen a little better using the UC compared to the realtree. For a tree stand hunter the UC will probably work wonders, but for a guy walking through the woods i think the UC is not "open" enough to really break up the human outline
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good reviews, you took a lot of time and effort on these. You're right about AP it is dark on the ground, but remember you took these pics early September so its going to look light. Come mid-November when the woods lighten up a bit I think it'd be a bit different. But good points and analysis.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

i think they are both good patterns for sure......but if you compare them side by side and move your eye over the F.O.V of each picture.. the human outline can be seen a little better using the UC compared to the realtree. For a tree stand hunter the UC will probably work wonders, but for a guy walking through the woods i think the UC is not "open" enough to really break up the human outline
That is why one should wear camo that matches their setup If I am in a Hardwood tree, I am in UC. Stalking my CRP field ASAT.

Each stand has a different setup for me.

Quick Reply: Independent field test... Ultimate Camo VS Realtree AP(dial-up beware)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.