Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

crimson cuda review

Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Default crimson cuda review

Last fall I had an experience with a Crimson Cuda mechanical broadhead. 15-20 yards tracking, masssssssive trail. Wow.... Anyone else?????
Old 09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: crimson cuda review

Could you go into more details. That's not really a review

Oh, welcome to HNI my friend!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great review. lol could you go into more detail?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have only used them on turkey but they worked well. They flew just like my field points and grouped well. I only shot 1 jake this year at about 20 yards with this head. The arrow hit the leg joint on the left leg, destroyed the joint , went through the breast bone, and then broke the leg on the other side. I chose this head because they were on sale for $18 for three, and I wanted an "over the top" style mechanical to lose some energy on impact and hopefully leave the arrow in the turkey. All in all the broadhead did what I needed it to do and the only damage to the head was one of the blades was bent.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 PM

Revised review, Buck was standing 20 yards away, broadside, arrow flew true, went in midway behind shoulder, exited through lower opposite ribcage. Opened fully on contact, exited cleanly, no broken blades. Deer ran out of blood before it knew what hit it. Just only concern, would the 20 yards blood trail wash away before the next hunt and not spook other deer(lol)? What a good experience with the first mechanical broadhead that I have personally exp. Anyone else?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Crimson Raptors and Crimson Talons. Aren't the Cudas made for crossbows or is there another one out there?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:46 AM

I do not think they are made for crossbows, but I do not know for sure
Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 AM

I think that your right on the crossbow, but I think they say they work with the newer fast shooting bows also. Obviously they work with bows also. I have the talons, but I haven't got them into a deer yet. I switched up this year and I'm shooting g5 montecs.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Would love to also try the montec g5, all these great broadheads, too little time. Although, I live in Lucas county Ohio, there is a 6 deer limit. Wish I had the time and the skill to fill that ticket.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:05 PM

I am new to this forum, hi to everyone.

Quick Reply: crimson cuda review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.