Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default BEAR!!!!!!!!!!

I have notice here in wisconsin that there are a heck of a lot more bear around than years ago. So i was woundering if any of you guys bring handguns hunting just incase there is one of the rare cases that the bear atacks i know it dose not happen offten but atacks have happend before so do you guys bring handguns????
Old 09-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BEAR!!!!!!!!!!

When hunting in "bear" woods I carried a handgun a couple times to make my wife not worry about me so much. I don't carry anymore because I haul enough crap into the woods.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Although legal, bears don't scare me. They are more scared of you than you should be of them.

This spring I had a bear popping it's jaws at me prior to light. I just stood my ground and talked to it and it moved off.

I usually see bears every season, they move on.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

long story short....An old neighbor of mine (moved to montana) went out bow hunting and got atacked by a bear, but he had a handgun with him and ended up killing the bear,, end of story
Old 09-08-2008, 03:40 PM

Black bears are nothing more than over sized raccoons.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 PM

i read an article where it proves that bear pepper spray is more effective and a gun...so if i was hunting in bear country i would use pepper spray...
Old 09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt its any weapon for bear season. BUT only one weapon. We don't have carry permits for handguns. I hunt with my bow and then head back to my truck and grab a 12ga with buckshot for tracking.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

If i were hunting in woods with alot of bears , i would be packing a handgun thats for sure.DAN- I real don't need my ass kicked by a over sized raccoon if you know what i mean.And ROB if i was walking in the woods heading to my stand in the morn and i heard a bear poping it chops at me i would be so scared i wouldn't be able to move.Something about bears puts my hair up on end.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

the last 3 years I have been seeing moer and more Black Beears in CT woods and I have been considering it myself only due to the prima faca law We cannot legaly carry !!!!!!!!!!! it is up for vote so I hear Me persaonally it would make me feel more comfortable thankfully we can hunt coyotes almost year round so when I go out scouting I grab the shot gun and orange vest andsay I am hunting coyotes, but I pretty much carry it for safety reasons, and Yes I have shot 3 coyotes while scouting, and hoping not to see any bears. the ones I have seen have all gone the other way I just hope it stays that way, PS I put a bell on my sister while trout fishing the mt streams in mass and she has yet to see a bear

Quick Reply: BEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.