Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow flight question

Old 09-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Arrow flight question

Maybe it has something to do with the initial point of flight?

If an arrow starts its projection in a different position, it could change the flight...maybe?

Although I'll admit, I don't see how that could cause it. I was just throwin it out there.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Here's the situation....

I was having some cable contact issues with my arrows.....so I started shooting cock vane out.....or perpendicular to the bowstring. I later got a hicks 3D cable slide installed and alleviated the vane contact issue.

So....I rotated my cock vane....oriented "up", now.....and had to make a slight (albeit very slight) sight adjustment.

Why?

Greg (txjourneyman) fletched my arrows (a/c/c 3-49's)....and I would imagine he didn't go to the lengths you guys are discussing as far as finding the strong or weak side. I sure wouldn't have expected him to.

I was getting good flight, before. I'm getting consistant flight, now. If they weren't all fletched with the cock vane on either the strong or weak side.....how can I be getting consistant flight, now....and how did I before?

Also....why did I have to make the sight adjustment....when ALL I did was orient the cock vane, differently?

Just curious.
In your previous question I thought you were talking about 1 or 2 of your arrows, not all of them. With this new information my first guess would be changing the cable slide affected your bow's efficiency (I assume for the better) and all of your arrows may have been shooting a tad bit weak and you needed to make a small adjustment to compensate. With the teflon cable slide there will be less friction on the bar and on the cables. Secondarily, you have also pulled the cables over more and that may have affected things a bit too. So, It could be either one of those or a combination of both but I don't think it is a cock vane issue but more of a changing the cable slide issue.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I thought about that Bruce....but it seems VERY minor (and, admittedly, the adjustment was VERY minor).

I was shooting FP's the other day....and thought it might have something to do with switching back to BH's also. I don't believe that to be true, though. They've been hitting the same all along.

You are probably right. Nothing alarming to me....just made me curious.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:45 PM

IDK
Old 09-07-2008, 03:47 PM

all i know is that if they fly straight and i dont see any wobble while watching them fly i am happy dont know much about them unless the dont go where i am aiming
Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got nothing...