Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lessons learned and they sure run deep.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Lessons learned and they sure run deep.

Guys, I just feel awful![&o] I see now the severity of trying to justify wrong behavior."Two wrongs don't make a right" was the best quote of the day yesterday.I just hope nobody thinks I hunt with a bunch of poachers. The guys I hunt with are great guys. This was not standard operating procedure! I guess even good people get their judgement clouded sometimes. I think that is why we have forgiveness. NowI will move on.I am going to church and then to the woods. HopefullyI will have to learn how to download pics tonight and have a good redeemer post. God Bless!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lessons learned and they sure run deep.

Have a good day as well steelslinger and good post this morning.

Do your "friend" a favor, print the other thread and give it to him. Let him know that law abiding sportsmen/women don't stand for poaching and poaching behavior. Perhaps he would do the right thing and turn himself in. Doubtful but perhaps the thread will hit home with him.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess even good people get their judgement clouded sometimes.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Do your "friend" a favor, print the other thread and give it to him. Let him know that law abiding sportsmen/women don't stand for poaching and poaching behavior. Perhaps he would do the right thing and turn himself in. Doubtful but perhaps the thread will hit home with him.
Double that. Good luck with your friend.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I showed all of this to him and he feels thesame way I do. Quite dissapointed in ourselves for even trying to reason with it. Since it happened a few years ago and not again since, don't feel legal punishment is nec. Guilt will be enough. Thanks for response. Feel better already.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 AM

And Jesus said " let the first one cast stones without sin" .....brother it's ok, I have been in trouble before. I will confess, when I was in my early 20's I was caught tresspessing and I was with some guys that killed an illegal doe.....did I know better?? you bet I did....but I still made the decison to go in. It was thefirst and last time tresspessing, yeh I got caught the first time!! I was not convicted on the charge b/c the judge let me do community service and a fine to get it wiped off the record.. I learned my lesson brother and many others have as well... have a good day and relax...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:27 AM

I really didn't read much of what was said earlier but let me just say this. Sometimes its best to keep things to yourself and especially on an internet forum.

I've done things in the past that I'm not proud of but I keep them to myself. I can't go back and undo what I did but I now know that it was wrong and that it will never happen again. As long as you come away with that attitude; nothing else should matter.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bud, better you see the light then to just shrug it off. Good luck this season.

Shane
Old 09-07-2008, 01:37 PM

I told my story to show him that even though Im ashamed of it, nonetheless I did it and many of us have skeletons in the closet. The important thing is that we learn from those bad decisions, not mistakes, bad decisions. I am a law abiding hunter, I made the wrong decision once and paid the price and cured me of ever doing it again.