Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How Often and How Many??

Old 09-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How Often and How Many??

How often do you practice and how many arrows do you shoot in a session?? I like the one shot one kill idea even on a bag.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Often and How Many??

I haven't practiced every single day since February 2007, but I've come really close. Unless it's raining, I'm out of town or sick or something similar, I practice every day. Usually, it'ssomewhere in the ballpark of 30 to 80 shots. I practice with the longbow first, then take a break and grab the compound and practice.

Only once did I shoot one arrow and quit. I had just recently gotten the longbow and my first arrow sailed over my HUGE MorrellsOutdoor Range Target, glanced off my back fence and went into the woods. After about 15 minutes of looking for it, I was disgusted and I quit for the day.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

i try to practice atleast once a week all year...30 arrows or so...

once its "summer" i try to shoot 12-30ish a day every day...

then school starts and i try to shoot atleast 30 a day 3x a week...

sometimes i shoot more than 30...some times i shoot more than once a day....sometimes im busy and dont get to shoot at all...
Old 09-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

5-10 perfect arrows every other day or so once the season gets close. Sometimes i shoot up to 40, but not very often.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, these are the last four shots I took at 20yrds with broadheads more than a week ago. I don't like to over do it.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to practice every day outdoors and I use 3 arrows. (For myhuntingtrip to my future father in laws ranch in MS) Doing pretty well for being a newbie.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot all the time, seems like a little bit of relaxation generally shoot one arrow retrieve it, only get one shot in the woods. I shoot this one arrow 15-20 times a day from 15-30 yards
Old 09-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I try to shoot once a week from season close til snow is off, then 2-3x a week from april til june and the 5x a week from july on a minimum of 6 shots per ssession......when I am really trying to boost muscle in july I will shoot upwards of 60 - 100 shots a session, then cut back after things get really comfortable..
Old 09-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot 6 months out of the year!!! I work in Mexico for 4 weeks at a time and then I am off for 4. When I am off for the 4weeks I will shoot everyday except for the weekends usually. Sometimes on and off all day, I get out in the morning and open the shop and grab my bow every morning. I will shoot usually 5 arrows at a time and I might do 8-10 reps and I will do this on and off a few times a day depending on what else I have going on but I seldom miss my morning sets....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.