Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coffee on stand?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coffee on stand?

I drink it before and during, but pee in a bottle. My pee smells like 100% Columbian…
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 AM

I kinda surprised by the number of people who drink it before thy get there. Interesting. I also find it interesting that there aren't more of the "it smells too much" answer
Old 09-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coffee every morning before. Nothing to drink but water once on the stand.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-05-2008, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

During the hutning season- never before a hunt.

Coffee returns some of the most potent bodily excreted odors of any beverage.

Odors are excreted through pores and mouth alike. Not to mention that coffee(caffeine) increases heart rate, metabolic rate, respitory rate and blood flow. Therefore, drinking coffee is not a wise action for the sccent conscience hunter. High doses of coffee will exagerate the metabolic and respitory rate increase which will lead to heavilyincreased perspiration(sweating=scent).

The joe is a not go for me.
Very nice Drop.

Question however, will the increase in metabolic rate cause enough change in otherwise "normal" perspiration to be a problem if one hunts the wind properly?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Very nice Drop.

Question however, will the increase in metabolic rate cause enough change in otherwise "normal" perspiration to be a problem if one hunts the wind properly?
Yes, the majority of people are effected in similar ways by caffeine. Caffeine is a potent thermogenic- hense why black coffee and or caffein pills are consumed by bodybuilders while they are on a show prep diet. I started drinking balck coffee while dieting for a show back in 2003- it works. More cups- more sweat- more shakes and so on.

I will NEVER drink coffee before going to the firearms range and I dont like shooting my bow after comsuming coffee.

Hunting the wind is hunting the wind. If the wind is perfect, then most of the "bad" odors are being taken away. However, wind swirls, wind direction can change, even if only for a second- so wouldnt we[hunters] want to take every measure to limit the amount of scent being excreted from our bodies, just incase the wind doesnt stay true ?
I hope you didn't take my question as arguing against you on that, it was a legit question I had. Your explanation does make sense as well - I may experiment with this a bit and cut down in the morning before a hunt and not bring any to the field as well and see if my sightings are noticibly different, but I don't think I'll give up my coffeeentirely

Good post Drop - very informative
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it smells, yes it makes me pee, yes it gives me the shakes, but yes, I have a thermos of Starbucks with me

I actually had to switch to the breakfast blend, 50% decaf.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: SuperRedHawk

Yes it smells, yes it makes me pee, yes it gives me the shakes, but yes, I have a thermos of Starbucks with me

I actually had to switch to the breakfast blend, 50% decaf.
So it's like drinking $20 worth of "coffee" flavoring
Old 09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I drink it before and during, but pee in a bottle. My pee smells like 100% Columbian…
ROFL!!!! Good to have you back, KP

Quick Reply: Coffee on stand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.