Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Scent Elimination Sprays do you use and why?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Which Scent Elimination Sprays do you use and why?

I use DDW not just because of their spray but also because of their full-line of products. I am not sure if the mouth spray is 100% necessary but man I could drunk that stuff it tastes so good LOL.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't put much stalk in scent sprays. Did we ahve them 30yrs ago when deer #'s were down. This guy uses Tide..... and then Bounce sheets. His wife does his laundry or so I think. He doesn't care. Now some guys like me have to hunt hard and don't wanna take any chances. Especially with a big buck close.

Sometimes you have the best land in the world. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes everything doesn't work out. Thats why its called hunting. Like I said..... when you have to hunt hard you use products that will cover scent. Most work. Mybuddy doesn't use them. I do. [&:][&:]Use whatever or don't. HAVE FUN
Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: Born 2 Bow Hunt

Proper preparation and maintenance of ones hunting clothes has very worked for many years. Did something change that we now need to buy sprays?
Longbows and Recurves have worked very well for many, many years. Do we need to use Compound bows?
Amen to that!!

I usually just use whatever is on sale really, if you look at the components there pretty close, but I wont use white lightning because of the resadue seems to be a universal problem so i just avoid the stuff. But DDW has been the choice for me for a long time if Im being picky.

Ryan.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I still have a bottle of DDW, so I will probably be using that this year. I honestly think that most of them are comparable though.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just recently washed all my clothes...then packed em in tubs and put some leaves and clumps of moss inside...they should smell good by day 1.