Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need Some Broadhead help

Old 09-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Default Need Some Broadhead help

i have been shooting muzzy 4 blade 90 gr broadheads now for my whole bowhunting career.
last year i decided to try a new 3 blade 100 gr. system. now i know i should probably know more about this subject then i do, but can someone tell me how to pick the right broadheads to use for my arrows, or if the muzzy's are alright.
and heres another little question i should know:
how do i read my arrows? i mean, i shoot carbons, feathered fletchings, and it has the numbers 3000 on them. what does that mean, 3000 what?
any help would greatly be appreciated.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Need Some Broadhead help

In order to determine what grain broadheads will be best for you we need to know more information.

Bow, draw wt, draw length, arrow length, rest, fletching, helical, arrow type, arrow spine

Most will tell you, and I won't disagree, your bow can shoot any brand of broadhead provided the weight of the broadhead does not create spine problems in your arrows and your bow is tuned properly. Broadhead choice is a very personal decision and you will receive many answers on the "best" broadhead. Muzzy's are just fine and have killed thousands of animals around the world. There are also many other fines broadheads out there.

Provide us with as much info about your setup as you can and myself or someone will try to help you out the best we can!

Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: Need Some Broadhead help

What bow are your shooting? What's your draw weight set at? Draw Length?Muzzys are high quality heads and you should be fine with what you have pending the arrow. With the 3000 on the arrow I believe they are Black Hawk Vapors? The 3000 is brand specific for Black Hawk and it means nothing more than the specs for that model (.400 spine, 7.8 gr./inch). So depending on your draw weight anddraw length,a 100 gr. broadhead should do fine. Get some 100 gr. field points and shoot those and see how they fly, they shoot the broadheads and see how they match up on the target.