Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead question

Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default broadhead question

product question i was looking at the trophy ridge mechanical broadheads say they shoot just like a feild point dont even have to reesight but at 40$ for 3 i wann a make sure any of yall used them? or know where i can find review on them?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead question

Never used them, but the bow shop owner over here is really high on them. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 PM
Spike

Alot of BH manufacturers will say their heads fly like field points, and in most cases they are right. Some bows will play nice with some heads and some will not. Alot depends on your setup, more than likely their will be a little bit of tweaking here and there to get them both to impact in the same area but for the most part I imagine they will be pretty close. I have yet to find a broadhead to impact in a totally different area than my field points, the closest BHI have found to fly with my field tips with no adjustment was a G5 Striker. No tweaking, no adjusting, screw it in the arrow and let it fly. Granted the Strikers are fixed head but they are worth looking into IMO. Good Luck in your search.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya you can't trust what they say, no matter what head you choose it should always be tested before hunting with it.. Some will be way off and some on the money. If you have a properly tuned bow it will be close with almost anything.. Of course an expandable will be more forgiving than a fixed blade, especially out of a fast bow.. But I will second that the most accurate and probably sharpest broadheads I've ever shot is the G5 Striker.. My brothers bow shoots several broadheads way off from field points but he tried some of my strikers and they were dead on, not that you will have the same result but point is you need to shoot them before you hunt...
Old 09-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can visit my website www.broadheadtests.com for reviews on a ton of different broadheads. I assume your Talking about the piston point/undertaker head. If so Those are really good heads, one of the best mecanical broadeads on the market in my opinion. If you do check out the website please read through the Mech vs fixed page as well as the tuning section before you decide on any broadhead.