Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

Old 09-03-2008, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

Peep and anchor don't belong in the same sentence.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Interesting personal opinion......but I defer to experienced archers (people who shoot on a national level) for their expertise.....and the ones I trust say it's a point of reference. Call it (personally)what you want.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

....and the ones I trust say it's a point of reference. Call it (personally)what you want.
I call it what it is.Re-read my post (#68) of your "Bending at the waist? Contorted?" thread.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Knuckles of forefinger and middle finger against jaw.

String touching nose.

Kisser button.

I don't use a peep.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Why would I need to do that, EI....lol. This one was posted before you.....by a national shooter.(Matt/PA)

Your points of contact with your face...hand to jawline, nose to string are ANCHOR POINTS.

Your peep sight is an ANCHOR REFERENCE and SIGHTING TOOL.
It can help to verify that your anchor is correct and that your sights are aligned. It is not considered an ANCHOR POINT because it does not ANCHOR or contact any point of your body and IMO also because it can be variable due to movement up or down within the string.

All anchor points are referencesbut all references are not anchor points. An anchor point must be something that cannot change under any circumstances, your hand to your face and where your string touches your nose for example. If you touch your earlobe, or back of your neck or whatever. Your string doesn't change and your hands , face neck and body don't change...........the things you ATTACH to the string CAN change. you don't rely on them as your anchor, you REFERENCE them to verify your anchor.

I do not consider a kisser button as an ANCHOR POINT even though it contacts your face because it can also MOVE, it is also an anchor referencesimply helping to verifythat your anchor is correct and your sight is aligned.

I hunted last year without a peep sight or kisser button......... just because I could.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

vein touching corner of my mouth
string touching nose
knuckle against jawbone

What would you think if you got all your other anchor points set......and looked up to find your peep was 1/2" higher than "normal"?
I would think OH CRAP what the heck is wrong..... something is wrong with my peep because I know I'm anchored properly.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, either your retention level sucks, or you're just being your normal arguementative self. In that quote, he says just what I'm saying.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Dominant Buck

Peep and anchor don't belong in the same sentence. - EI
Your peep sight is an ANCHOR REFERENCE and SIGHTING TOOL.- MAtt/PA
EI I'm not being argumentative.....I'm wondering how you can read what Matt's saying above....and say in the same breath that he's agreeing with you. NO ONE has said the peep is an anchor point. NO ONE. "WE" have only contended that it is "a" point of reference for your anchor points.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

nuckle/jawbone, string/nose, rope/front of boat!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Peep and anchor don't belong in the same sentence. - EI
Your peep sight is an ANCHOR REFERENCE and SIGHTING TOOL.- MAtt/PA
EI I'm not being argumentative.....I'm wondering how you can read what Matt's saying above....and say in the same breath that he's agreeing with you. NO ONE has said the peep is an anchor point. NO ONE. "WE" have only contended that it is "a" point of reference for your anchor points.
GMMAT, you continue to say, "anchor points".I'll say it again,you have ONE anchor point. Period. The rest are reference points. Get it?

Quick Reply: How many points of reference for your anchor(s)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.