Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Out of Commission....

Old 09-02-2008, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Out of Commission....

Had a couple bouts with Gall Stones over the last couple weeks, then on Friday and Saturday, I had 3 episodes one really bad, and Sat. night I turned jaundice (yellow), so I knew in lieu of developing liver failure, or pancreatitis, I was going to have to go to the hospital and have my Gall Bladder removed. So I had a stone taken out Sunday afternoon and surgery yesterday afternoon. Looks like I'm gonna be off from shooting for at least a couple weeks, and doc says no lifting anything over 20# for 6 weeks. We'll see how that goes, but the last thing I want is a hernia, so I'll have to be careful, that's for sure. My belly is certainly a little tender, that's for damned sure, but not as bad as the Gall Stone attacks, so I suppose I am lucky on that side of things.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Out of Commission....

Hopefully all is well and you have a fast recovery. Now the bright side.....you'll be back in the hunt right before the rut kicks in.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

get well soon man!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Had a couple bouts with Gall Stones over the last couple weeks, then on Friday and Saturday, I had 3 episodes one really bad, and Sat. night I turned jaundice (yellow), so I knew in lieu of developing liver failure, or pancreatitis, I was going to have to go to the hospital and have my Gall Bladder removed. So I had a stone taken out Sunday afternoon and surgery yesterday afternoon. Looks like I'm gonna be off from shooting for at least a couple weeks, and doc says no lifting anything over 20# for 6 weeks. We'll see how that goes, but the last thing I want is a hernia, so I'll have to be careful, that's for sure. My belly is certainly a little tender, that's for damned sure, but not as bad as the Gall Stone attacks, so I suppose I am lucky on that side of things.
Doug, that's what you get for bustin the preacher's chops all the time

Just playin, BRo ....I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you .... just DON'T do anything stupid and ruin your whole season ... listen to the doctor!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well you shouldn't have those problems anymore, let er get heled up and you should be just like new!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get well soon!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

25 years ago they cut your whole side open for that. Do like the Doc says, and you will be back in the woods befor you know it!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you're all right. Just heal up and take your time, the big boys will be waiting for you when you hit the woods.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Doug, sorry to hear my friend and definately take care of yourself first.

That said, we know what we can do, what we can't do and pulling a bow is different than lifting weight or heavy objects. Take it one day at a time and remember my Achilles Tendon rupture last season and me sitting in a tree in a cast. Sometimes, that is the best medicine.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the "Well Wishes" guys, I'm taking it one day at a time, feel a little rough still, but having 5 holes poked through your abdominal muscles leaves 'em a little tender. I was lucky that at least I was able to have everything done laparascopic, but I'm taking it easy for a while, I have a few weeks to heal up, but I'm a one man hunting show, so I probably won't be dragging any deer out anytime too soon, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Out of Commission....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.