Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

laser eye surgery?????

Old 09-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default laser eye surgery?????

my lady is getting laser eye surgery this month some time and I was wonder if any of you have had it and how it affected your bow shooting?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 AM

Default RE: laser eye surgery?????

I had it done several years ago, and absolutely love it. Had it done Friday afternoon, and Saturday morning, I had 20/20 vision.I wasn't bowhunting as much then, but it did affect my rifle shooting for the better. The only drawback, and I've heard this is pretty common, is that my eyes are extremely sensitive to sunlight now. If i'm outside, I almost always have to wear sunglasses.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

thank you, I was hoping it would be for the better. I don't wear glasses so I don't know what it would be like.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

MY wife had it done about a year ago and it has improved her shooting as she is not trying to shoot with her glasses on. She has been very happy with itin every aspect of her vision and she has said several times that she wished she had done it years ago....Tell your girl to go for it!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

I had it done a year ago on Sept 20th. I love it and wish I would have done it earlier. My shooting hasn't changed at all. I am also more sensative to sunlight and wear sunglassses almost always. But well worth it instead of contacts or glasses. Anothe drawback is alot of people retain the dry eye fealing. I didn't have this.

It was painless. First day was a little harsh trying to even open my eyes. I just slep on the couch most of the day away as the medicine they gave me did it, but waking up the next morning was like nothing had even happend except I could see the alarm clock.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife had it done about 5 years ago. She had 20/1600 vision going in and came out with 20/20. She has had no problems with it since. She didn't shoot a bow before but she shoots quite well now.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Spike

I had it done about 5 years ago, it was the best 1200$ I ever spent.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I had it, loved it for about 6 months, but am now back to wearing glasses. I think that my vision is still somewhat better than it was going in, but it was not a complete fix for me.
My wife had it (same doctor) about 6 years ago and has not had an issue. She sees better than I do when I wear my glasses.
I had a bad experience, but I'd so go for it.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i had it done in january of 01. no looking back for me! it was the greatest 2k i've ever spent. made shooting a lot easier. there is an adjustment period after the surgery though. it takes a good 6 months to a year before everything settles down. i used to get occasional foggyness and the halo affect. but all that is gone and i see 20/20.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just had it done on May 30th. LOVE it. I got corrected to 20/15 and wish I had done it years ago. I would wear contacts in the woods but glasses for target and some practice. Best hunting money I have spent.

Quick Reply: laser eye surgery?????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.