Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

mountain lions on the loose!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mountain lions on the loose!

just made a call and he`ll call me back around 1,ill get some documentation on here then.I`m not giving out private #`s on here.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be carrying a .357 too. The scariest things in the woods around here are skunks with their tails raised. The yotes get some people spooked too, but unless I was being pursued by a pack they dont really bother me except for messing up my hunts now and again.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not calling you a liar either, but I had heard the same stuff here in Oklahoma. The department of wildlife has a FAQ section that specifically states they would never release mountain lions to deal with the deer population.

Plus, by releasing a few mountain lions how big of an impact could that really have on the deer population? If they need to trim down the deer population all they have to do is up the doe limit or extend doe hunting. Let me reiterate that I'm not calling you a liar, but urban legends do spread fast.

Oh... and read the last paragraph of this to back up my statements.
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/mlion.htm
Old 09-02-2008, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I'm not calling you a liar either, but I had heard the same stuff here in Oklahoma...
And IA, and IL, and MO, and just about any other state you wanna name. Heck, who was the guy here from PA that got all offended because he was sure he had proof in someone's freezer, LOL? What I don't get is why the rumors always get steered towards such a conspiracy theory, I mean, why would re-stocking native wild animals need to be under any conspiracy conditions?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Spike

I interned with the MN DNR wildlife division in northern MN all summer...I never heard anything about releasing cougars. Not to say it isn't true but it seems like that would have been a pretty hot topic throughout the office and the region. I would be very intrested to see any proof of this.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Spike

if you could give me the names of the officials you got your information from I could help back you up a little here...if they work out of any of the area wildlife offices I would have their numbers already.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Take this for what it's worth...but this is an email response to my question of if any mtn lions were released in MN:

The DNR has never released mountain lions or cougars in the state. [/align][/align][/align][/align]Suellen Rau, Supervisor
Information Center
MN Department of Natural Resources
Bureau of Information & Education
500 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155-4040
651/296-6157
[email protected]

[/align]
Old 09-02-2008, 09:11 PM

ORIGINAL: targethogs

They are all over Southern California, but as most know, due to the anti's in California we can't kill them, even if it is self defense, you had better be able to prove it...
SSS = Shoot Shovel Ssssshhhhhh
Old 09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jesus, actually no, archers:

It I can't have his number, can I get his name? If he works for the MNDNR, I don't think he'll mind a call from me. I live, and hunt in the state?

Yes they released them with the publics knowledge.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RobinAim Low

Take this for what it's worth...but this is an email response to my question of if any mtn lions were released in MN:

The DNR has never released mountain lions or cougars in the state.
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]Suellen Rau, Supervisor
Information Center
MN Department of Natural Resources
Bureau of Information & Education
500 Lafayette Rd
St. Paul, MN 55155-4040
651/296-6157
[email protected]

[/align]
Thank you.

I can walk to my stand in piece, rather than pieces.

Quick Reply: mountain lions on the loose!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.