Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sooo Dissapointing....

Old 09-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sooo Dissapointing....

Well As many of you have seen the bucks that I have been after....I finally got a cut at the big one today after 20 hours in 3 daysof sitting in the stand he finally decided to show. 35 yard shot pretty hard downhill angle and browsing. I drew back and waited for him to clear the brush. I held my 30 yards pin high and waited till he stopped. I released. Everything feltgreat excpet for what I saw. My arrow soaring over the buck that had dropped and turned completely out of harm. It almost brought me to tears. I know its not over and now hes gonna he even harder to get but I didnt put 400 miles on the bike just for scouting to let this stop me. I am gonna try my hardest and I might not ever get another chance at him but atleast I will know I tryed my hardest. I hope I can get a buck this year but I was lucky enough to get 2 bucks last year. I guess this is just gonna make me strive harder and sit longer and do whatever it takes. Especially practice shooting more and more. I just had to vent and share. I am really dissapointed.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sooo Dissapointing....

You do everything you can to put yourself in that spot. You got almost everything right.

No total loss, at all.You've realized much success, already, THIS year. It's hunting

Good luck to you.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am really dissapointed.
But I bet you learned a lesson didn't you..??

Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you GMMAT....I know its alot to take in. And i sure wish I was holding some antler right now, but I guess I wouldnt be learning striving to do better then and everything would seem too easy to me, everything happens for a reason and Im sure this is just another lesson in life and Im sure its not gonna be the last miss I ever have either.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep working hard!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I am really dissapointed.
But I bet you learned a lesson didn't you..??
Learned a big one!

and thanks Kyle!
Old 09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

That 30yd pin dead on at 35yds from a treestand, is ALMOST what you want. Not accounting for the severe downward angle. I'm sure you know this now. For an average 20ft high treestand and the target being at 35yds, the yardage you probably NEED to shoot him for is around 32yds. Just guessing here.

I'd say with the sever downward angle, the 30yd pin would have been perfect.

Of course, you can always shoot it for the yardage it ranges and aim for the exit

You put yourself in the right position, you can't be too disappointed. You did your homework, but just couldn't execute. You'll have more opportunities, trust me. You've worked too hard.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sometimes failures are the best lessons learned.

You will grow from this and be better for it.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont give up. Im sure you wont anyway, but atleast thats' a great encounter. Its still early !
Old 09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

When you get him it will make it that much sweeter!!!

Quick Reply: Sooo Dissapointing....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.